Meeting up and how did it go

Zoe

Hi everyone,

Not much in this little NZ section is there :)
So I've read lots of people talk about meeting up and was wondering if you did how did it go and things?
I live in Auckland and I go to the Phobic trust and I would have liked to go to the group things they hold for social phobics - but they're on saturday and I have work, disappointing!
I get a lot out of listening to fellow social phobics on youtube. It would be really cool to get to know some people if anyone is interested - just send me a message and we can be awesome.

:)

Sloth

Hi, another NZ member here. I recently moved to Wellington and am keen to catch up with any other members nearby. It would be great to meet someone else who goes through the same hell that I do and vice versa.

Zoe

Hi, another NZ member here. I recently moved to Wellington and am keen to catch up with any other members nearby. It would be great to meet someone else who goes through the same hell that I do and vice versa.

Hi Sloth :)
It helps doesn't it talking with or even just listening to others that go through similar experiences. Where did you move from?

Sloth

Thanks Zoe. Yes definately. Only in the last few days have I actually found that the problem I have had for as long as I can remember is known as social anxiety, so reading medical sites and this forum has been quite comforting to know that I'm not alone.

I moved 3 weeks ago from Tauranga where I had lived my whole life.

Perfidion

So, did anyone meet up? Or did you all chicken out? Or is everyone just too disorganised to get their shit together?

Perfidion

Wow. That's sad. No one's going to get over anything if they don't force themselves out of their comfort zones occasionally. Sure, it's hard, but do we all really want to end up embittered pensioners sitting alone in our flats with no one for company but an elderly, three-legged cat named Nigel?

Well I met up with one person for a movie yeasterday. It went great; we basically saw the movie (after we figured out the right theatre :D and then talked for a wee while.

Last edited:

slapstick

far out Imtwo years too late I got cofidence to go out now and have missed meeting up with u guys dam wada shame