Medications for hyperhidrosis?

parisscassie

Have you guys tried any medications for your hyperhidrosis? I have the excessive sweating problem but excessive blushing is what kills me. I don't know what to do anymore, because I can't ignore it, it happens when I'm relaxed. I can't focus on anything anymore, wearing shoes is a nightmare, talking to people is scary and I've developed more severe anxiety from this. I avoid relationships because I can't touch people and I'm embarrassed constantly. Does anyone have excessive sweating AND blushing? I've convinced my mom to take me to the doctor but she thinks I'm weird for wanting to go for "such a stupid reason." Anyways, to get to the point, has anyone tried medications for this? How do they work, and do some work better than others?

Sprawling

Sorry you have HH. Read some of the back posts and you'll find a lot of your questions will be answered.

Meganglr

I think you'll find much of the info on the forums to be contradictory and confusing. My best advice for questions about treatment is to talk to your dr. The bottom line is that what works for some does not work for others. Some people have great success but Terrible side effects and need to find other options. In any event, there is no clear cut answer but a derm can help you figure out the next step. I just started taking robinul which I have heard fantastic things about but it doesn't work at all for me so back to the dr next week I go :). Good luck!

NickM

I'm really sorry to hear you have HH and blushing. I have HH and that sucks enough! You do need to see a doctor about your situation though. If you continue without doing something about it, for one it's not going to get any better, and for two, it's going to continue to damage you psychologically. You need to get your mom to understand the severity of your condition and see how badly it affects you. I wish you the best of luck!