medication cure

waine

has anyone found a medication or combination which has made them talkative/calm.
i have been on paroxetine for about 4 years. at first it worked great. then i was able to think a bit more but it has and still does help sweating and symptoms. i was forced into a charity shop by jobcentre and that could just about cope with on paroxetine.
it helped me find myself i guess. the front part of my mind began to work again.
paroxetine has always been great for atypical depression i have had with sa. at first it took away negative thoughts but they gradually came back so the medication was just masking the symptoms of anxiety.
exposure changed to positive thoughts more realistic.
but i am still stuck in a way now. very reserved still dont feel like i can do things new things. not keen on conversation not comfortable with it.
i always had food addiction and giving it up as self esteem raised due to exposure meant i could give it up. i can see how it affected dopamine system. so i thought sa was due to dopamine low levels or something like that. i have been feeling more love towards people. but now i have noticed what might be general anxiety. unable to relax even at home, not being able to get to sleep, anxiety generally as well as around other people now.
i heard pregabalin might be good for social and general anxiety. not sure where to go from here really or if to try it

Section_31

I dont know if theres a cure per se....just medication that can make it easier to manage.

I myself am on wellbutrin. Its moreso for antidepression, which i also have, but it helps significantly with my S/A as well.

waine

hi :)
thanks for reply.
do you take wellbutrin alone or with an ssri. does it make you more talkative/social at all or relaxed/comfortable in social situations with reduced distress/visible symptoms.
i was considering wellbutrin with paroxetine but just seeing how go at the moment.
i think at first i thought it was related to dopamine so wellbutrin being a dopamine reuptake inhibitor might help etc. though reboxetine sounded possibly better as wellbutrin also works on noradrenaline and according to some articles i read that can in some people increase anxiety. but everyones different. i dont even know if it is dopamine now, as been getting these general anxiety symptoms which is why bought up pregabalin.

bsammy

well i have found combos that work great for making me more social and calm.if you use adderal and a benzo like valium you will be noticeably more social and relaxed.problem is, you cant use this every day so its almost pointless.

welbutrin worked ok for me for a short while but then pooped out and caused insomnia the entire time.

i havent usd anything legal that makes me more social and chills me out.alcohol used to work but is useless now.imo nothing is going to cure this disorder, you must accept your ways to get a little better.

Section_31

For me, Wellbutrin really helped in terms of stopping the overwhelming "omg i have to get out of here" panic feelings that would happen at a social event. I still get them but they arent nearly as extreme and are MUCH more manageable.

I dont take an SSRI with them, im solely on wellbutrin. Mainly because in my case an SSRI basically took away the sex drive, and well, being married, that was slightly important! lol

bardock

Ive never really raken any medicine, not even seen a doctor, mainly because I feel ashamed of myself. But I feel there is no other option now... do medications really work?? I just want to be a little more lively around people.