Meant to be alone

LittleMissScareAll

Does anyone else think you'll be alone in the end? Even if you've dated people in the past or are currently dating someone? I think I'm meant to be alone.

Scottish_Player

LittleMissScareAll said:
Does anyone else think you'll be alone in the end?

I know how you feel, i used to stress out and worry about being alone for the rest of my life, but then i decided to accept it and if i find someone then its a bonus and if not then theres no harm done. i actually feel happier by accepting the fact that iam and prob will be alone.

LittleMissScareAll

Scottish_Player said:
LittleMissScareAll said:

I know how you feel, i used to stress out and worry about being alone for the rest of my life, but then i decided to accept it and if i find someone then its a bonus and if not then theres no harm done. i actually feel happier by accepting the fact that iam and prob will be alone.

I think I've accepted it too, and I think I'm ok with it. At least for now.

Thelema

I don't see how I would be alone forever. Everything changes and we can all make changes to help us find a special someone. I certainly want someone to share my life with. Somebody to come home to after a crapy day. If I don't have anybody to share my success with then what the hell is the point? I'd rather be a poor man in love than a rich man lonely(reminds me of rather rule in hell than serve in heaven). It doesn't matter if you can cure cancer if you don't share it with other people ya know?

Starry

I don't think I'm meant to be alone, I don't think anyone is. But it feels like I will be. :(

LittleMissScareAll

Thelema said:
I don't see how I would be alone forever. Everything changes and we can all make changes to help us find a special someone. I certainly want someone to share my life with. Somebody to come home to after a crapy day. If I don't have anybody to share my success with then what the hell is the point? I'd rather be a poor man in love than a rich man lonely(reminds me of rather rule in hell than serve in heaven). It doesn't matter if you can cure cancer if you don't share it with other people ya know?

I'd rather be rich & alone. At least money doesn't betray you.

red_reagel

Yeah, but I'm okay with it now. I hear being/keeping a relationship is hard and you have to make some sacrifices to keep another person happy. But if you're on your own you can be independent and make your own free choices.

Thelema

LittleMissScareAll said:
Thelema said:

I'd rather be rich & alone. At least money doesn't betray you.

If you say that then you've never been alone before.

IceLad

Sometimes it feels as if I'm destined to be alone.

However, along with the lines of whats already been said:

The more you try to find someone to share your life with, the more elusive they will become. Where as if you accept and carry on, they'll pop up when you least expect it.

Maarten

I think I am meant to be alone and I like it like that. You can't trust anyone but yourself anyway so why waste your time pretending that you can.

blackcap

FlirtyandDirty said:
I used to believe that I was meant to be alone. I believed that I was unloveable and that no one in their right minds would want me. I was to be used and never to be loved. Why would someone love me when there were so many other women out there who were, beautiful, smart, and outgoing. But then I found somoene who loved me and it came out of the blue. We are now planning how we will live the rest of our lives.

That's really cool. I hope something like that will happen to me, and soon, but I don't really believe it will. Can I ask how you met your partner? And was it instant attraction or did it grow over time?

Lonelyheart

Scottish_Player said:
LittleMissScareAll said:

That's exactly how I feel. I've found it much easier to accept the fact that I will probably never find love than to try and fool myself into believing I will find one of the 1 in a million girls that could truly love someone like me. It's much less depressing to accept lonliness than to try and fail at achieving a normal life over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I hope to find love someday and I will not reject invitations of love, but I no longer expect it.

Emma

I think I probably will be alone for the rest of my life....I don't think there is anyone out there who would accept me as I am.....I just wish I could fast forward to the end of my life and get it over and done with, instead of spending the next 60 years like this :oops:

Thelema

Emma said:
I think I probably will be alone for the rest of my life....I don't think there is anyone out there who would accept me as I am.....I just wish I could fast forward to the end of my life and get it over and done with, instead of spending the next 60 years like this :oops:

Emma you know you won't be. Look at it as there has yet been nobody smart enough to see what you have to give. Don't worry about yourself finding love but worry for the other person that goes another day without it.

goodlittledevil

I think I will be alone forever. Maybe I should say that I'm AFRAID that I'm going to be alone forever. I guess I'm just scared of letting someone into my life that I barely know and that I'm going to get hurt or bored and it will just end eventually anyway so why bother. I really don't know. I want to be able to just take a risk and let someone in but it's so hard to find someone I click with. It seems very rare for me to find someone who understands me.