Maybe it was my fault

alwaysrunning

Im currently having problems with my two closest friends because they cannot get around my shyness. Its devastating and confusing at the same time that they have expressed that it seems that i dont care so they now tell me that they dont care anymore. Maybe i have been avoiding them but sometimes it gets to a point where i get too close to people and i dont know where to go from there. Im in college so i live with them, theyre practically my only friends so now im just so lonely. Ive apologized so many times but they just keep saying that since i dont care and dont even try why should they and that theyre over it...I just wish i knew what i could do or just give up as well...

IGotSeoul

it sounds like they're having a hard time understanding what you're feeling. if it's possible, try talking to them sincerely and tell them that you're very shy and have difficulty with closeness towards others and things of that nature. be as honest as possible. from your perspective, what you're feeling is crystal clear, but others may be unaware.

it is essential for friendship to be mutual.

if they absolutely cannot understand your predicament, refuse to, or leave you out of options then they probably are not the right friends for you.