Maybe is becouse i`m ugly

Partigiani

well i`m new here, in fact , i discover that i have SP just few days ago. Of course i have the symptoms since i exist , but just now i discover that this is a illness .
Sometimes i think that maybe if i was beutiful i would still have this illnes becouse i think this is a mind problem but the fact is that i`m not!
i don´t know about all you guys , but maybe we are "like this" becouse we are ugly! " for example i`m very very very very very ugly" so... i started this topic becouse i want to kno0w your opinion if all of us are really ugly, or fell ugly or...is just a psychological matter ???

Starry

Well, I think I'm extremely ugly too. I'm always think people are thinking that I'm ugly.

When I did have friends at school, (Last time I had friends I was 14/15, I'm now nearly 21. 8O ) they'd always be asking each other and me which boys they/I liked. I'd always answer 'nobody,' though it was a lie. Always because I imagined them laughing at me and thinking or saying that I have no right to like anyone, because no one could ever like me because of my ugliness. 8O (Nobody ever did say that, but I couldn't help my feelings)

I think I'm ugly, others agree, others disagree. It's all about perception...

But social phobia isn't caused by being ugly. There are many very good looking people on this site. (I'm not one of them though.) Social phobia is in the mind, it causes us to think negative thoughs about ourselves and how others perceive us.

blackcap

I'm ugly also, but if you look in the Photo Album you'll see that many on here aren't. I would give anything to have decent looks though, I don't know if it would solve my SA completely but it would sure help.

haze

you could be the most beautiful person in the world and still have SA also try to keep in mind that one persons ugly is anothers beauty. i wouldnt mind posting a pic of myself up here but you know the whole being incredibly shy and the small chance that someone i know might come across it stops me from doing so. allthough if u pm me i could show u my face on webcam or something.

SocialRetahd

I'm pretty sure I'm good looking or was when I was younger. I too have social phobia to the extreme. I'm in my twenties and have ran from every girl that has approached me. I have also ran from everybody that wanted to be friends with me. I dunno, I always thought I had social phobia because i'm extremely immature and kinda slow. I always thought if I was a bit smarter I wouldn't have sa, heh.

I'm not ugly and yet I have sa, but if you'd asked me a couple of years ago if I was ugly I would have said yes very!! It's all about perception. There's some very happy 'ugly' people and some very unhappy 'beautiful' people and vice versus. It is the media that has created this ideal of what we should all aim to look like, but it doesn't mean that it should actually impact on our lives. If you want to be a model or a beauty queen, yes it would have an impact, but if you think about it, a lot of successful people are not attractive! SA is not created by ugliness but it is heavily fuelled by insecurities about anything, including your looks.