Mastering breathing techniques

Hottie

Hi,

Does anyone have any deep breathing techniques that they would like to share?

Sometimes i feel that im not doing the breathing techniques properly. I find when im at home, alone, i can bring myself to relax by breathing deeply with relaxation. When im outside or around people i must be not doing it right or something because i cant get it to work...

I also sometimes feel that deep breathing can increase my anxious feelings... Does anyone else find that?

:)

bigcat1967

I have a link to one of my websites about deep breathing. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it here. Tell you what - just pm me and I'll give you the link. It's sort of a long read but it's what I do with the deep breathing technique (basically, my personal experiences)...

coyote

count as you breathe

breathing in, count 1,2,3...

breathing out, count 4,5,6,7,8

repeat

(the greatest benefit comes from concentrating on the counting - it keeps our mind occupied so that we're not thinking about all those things that make us anxious)

mr.jimbo

keep your posture up or back and neck straight at all times. take a deep breathe from your nose in and let it out from your mouth. focus and hear the sound of your breathing ONLY. do the best you can to not think other things in your mind... not even a mental picture. also, try not to pay attention to the noises that's happening outside. just practice and focus your breathing. It's going to be hard at first but you'll get the hang of it if you do it on a daily basis. i hope that helps you.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

keep your posture up or back and neck straight at all times. take a deep breathe from your nose in and let it out from your mouth. focus and hear the sound of your breathing ONLY. do the best you can to not think other things in your mind... not even a mental picture. also, try not to pay attention to the noises that's happening outside. just practice and focus your breathing. It's going to be hard at first but you'll get the hang of it if you do it on a daily basis. i hope that helps you.

Through nose is important. Feel from your diaphragm. Tummy rise and fall. I personally do number as coyote says, in head, and pause for a second when breathed it, and out through mouth. IT HELPS. Regularly.