marijuana

slicenrice

does anyone smoke grass to relieve anxieties? I have been doing it a lot recently and it works if i just have a little bit. if i smoke too much i become more anxious and can't think straight hahah

SilentType

Banned
Of course. Check out the "Medical Marijuana treats Anxiety" thread I started a while back in the introductions section of the site. There's lots of info and opinions there. I think its just what ur lookin for as a matter of fact.

Peace

IWouldPreferNotTo

I used to smoke weed. I found that I was already depressed and then smoked weed, I became more depressed. As for social anxiety, alcohol probably works better.

SilentType

Banned
Alcohol works better? Why don't you take into account the toll that alcohol takes on your body, compared to that of marijuana. Marijuana is not dangerous by any means. Too much alcohol and you don't even know what you're doing. I can't believe the way some people think...

Peace

IWouldPreferNotTo

SilentType said:
Alcohol works better? Why don't you take into account the toll that alcohol takes on your body, compared to that of marijuana. Marijuana is not dangerous by any means. Too much alcohol and you don't even know what you're doing. I can't believe the way some people think...

Peace

Lame. I didn't say drink too much alcohol, but it works better from my experience as far as dealing with people. Saying marijuana is not dangerous by any means is retarded.

Diluted_Acid

Tried it twice.

First time (was light), didn't really enjoy it. Felt more self-conscious (giggled heeps nervously) around a friend. Was a little bit more interested in a movie i was watching, but otherwise the bong made my respiratory system feel groggy, or like shit.

Second time (am told i took a fair bit). Went crazy lol. I just begun crying and getting all emotional. I tried being all meaningful whilst telling my friend off for smoking pot (lol ironic at the time), yet i must have sounded idiotic. Again i felt more self-conscious. Dreadful experience.

DUnno about you other SA's . . . but it just makes me even worse, e.g. more self-conscious.

SilentType

Banned
Saying marijuana is not dangerous by any means is retarded.

I was comparing the safety of marijuana compared to alcohol. You don't have to get wasted all the time to get liver damage over time. Use of alcohol, as we all know, impairs judgment. Therefore, a slightly irresponsible night of alcohol use has potential to bring on DUIs, public intoxication charges, domestic disputes, car accidents, putting other innocent people at risk on the road, not to mention the cancer and liver damage caused by long term alcohol use (which is inevitable if you use it for anxiety). All this leads to the hundreds of thousands of deaths in America caused by alcohol alone each year.

Now with all that cleared up, how can you say alcohol is a better alternative to marijuana when it comes to anxiety? Marijuana has never been the cause of death for anybody. Marijuana has never killed anyone.

Think before you speak sir.

Peace

Yup

I'm a very heavy smoker.

I'll tell you one thing, It definitely helps, Even though I probably smoke too much for any real good to be done, it does help a lot with my self esteem and such.

Smoke a few joints, Pop in Led Zeppelins "The Song Remains the Same" or Pink Floyds "The Wall" or anything like that. Really is a good distraction, so to speak.

Icecube

I have thought about trying this too. I recently bought another herb, called kratom. My personal experience is that it does stimulate more as well as more fatigue, but I don't like the slight sick feeling I have of it at a certain point. I have the impression that with drugs, whether herbal or chemical, there is always a climax and before or after a more negative effect...

ljwwriter

I don't, but I know someone who does and he always seems depressed. He even admitted to me that he has social phobia too. So I definitely decided I didn't want to start smoking after I saw what his life was turning out like. Not that I think it's that way with everyone, but I think I'm drugging myself up enough as it is.

ghost_train

Personally I do not smoke marijuana to relieve anxiety, as for me it cannot serve to rectify or compensate my mood, only to further it.

I would agree that, specific to overcoming SA, in a given situation, alcohol is more effective. But, in general recreational terms, marijuana is by far the superior drug: both in he strength of its positives and the virtual absence of its negatives: yes, governments have tried sooo hard to find ways in which cannabis is harmful to health and to society so as to justify the ludicrous double standard of it being illegal, but all evidence is either unfounded or flimsy at best.

lonelypothead

slicenrice said:
does anyone smoke grass to relieve anxieties? I have been doing it a lot recently and it works if i just have a little bit. if i smoke too much i become more anxious and can't think straight hahah

Green Day said:
Sit around and watch the tube, but nothing's on
Change the channels for an hour or two
Twiddle my thumbs just for a bit
I'm sick of all the same old shit
In a house with unlocked doors
And I'm fucking lazy

Bite my lip and close my eyes
Take me away to paradise
I'm so damn bored I'm going blind
And I smell like shit

Peel me off this velcro seat and get me moving
I sure as hell can't do it by myself
I'm feeling like a dog in heat
Barred indoors from the summer street
I locked the door to my own cell
And I lost the key

Take me away to paradise
I'm so damn bored I'm going blind
And I smell like shit

I got no motivation
Where is my motivation
No time for motivation
Smoking's my inspiration

Sit around and watch the phone, but no one's calling
Call me pathetic,call me what you will
My mother says to get a job
But she don't like the one she's got
When masturbation's lost its fun
You're fucking breaking

Take me away to paradise
I'm so damn bored
I'm going blind
And loneliness has to suffice
I was slipping away to paradise
Some say, "Quit or I'll go blind"
But it's just a myth

Lexmark

Dont smoke pot
if u have SP it will make it worse
dont listen to these fuk heads like SilentType

I never liked pot up until a year or so ago...then I got into it heavy, as in several times a day. For a while it was really great...helped me relax, gave me inspiration, stabilized my moods etc. I even liked it so much that I gave up the other hard drugs I was doing! (Gateway drug? More like "exit drug" for me!) But when my depression began to hit me really hard again about two months ago, I noticed that it was aggravating the situation. I'd get high and get so far into my head that I'd lose it...going over shit in my head, having panic attacks, losing the ability to tell what was real and what was my imagination (thoughts I mean, not visual hallucinations or anything.)

But now I can't stop :( I smoked cigs for three years and was able to quit cold turkey easily. Never had an addiction to anything. But pot has hooked me psychologically in a way that I can't get over...I still smoke multiple times a day, even when I can't afford it. I don't want to give it up completely, but I think I need to stop for at least a few weeks to see if it helps. But I'm having a really, really hard time...

No, no, no. Pot is the opposite of what someone with SAD needs. It's a GREAT short term fix because pot users LOVE the company of other pot users and are willing to accept all kinds of behavior in fellow pot users. And once everyone in the room is on that same wavelength it feels liberating.

The problem though is that given its status--legally, socially and culturally--it's not a treatment you can really hide outside of your circle of pot user friends. You can't get high chronically and have a career. You can't get high chronically and have a long-term relationship. You can't get high chronically and have a family. The only thing you can really do if you're a habitual user is hang out with other habitual users. So, you haven't really treated the SAD you've just stabilized who you socialize with into a more trustworthy group given everyone's investment in this underground thing.

And THAT can be very hard to break out of psychologally when you want a career, family, etc.

I'm talking from experience here. Pot is a hell of a fun drug but for people with SAD it can become addictive very fast.