Magnetic cellular frequency treatment?

lily

Do you guys think that you can be cured by this kind of whatever you exactly call it treatment for social anxiety/phobia?
i know for those of us who didn't express ourselves when we weren't treated well like i was at a snobby school before and it's just stuck in there (delayed expression) when it could've been got out there in a healthy and also in an adult way and got out the trash then it wouldn't have developed into social anxiety so that this therapy has potential? it's probably not the place here or the greatest place to ask about this and i would be careful just doing things not knowing the adverse effects it could have on you. thanks for any help.

Hot_Tamale

I did some research on the topic and the closest I could get was something called Binaural beat frequency treatment.

Certain frequencies (expressed in Hertz) are associated with different states of mind. Like, the brainwaves operate at different frequencies - higher brainwave frequencies (16-31) are strongly associated with anxiety and low frequencies (8-15) are associated with meditation, drowsiness, normal function, etc.

If a test subject is wearing headphones and a hertz frequency of 130 is pumped into one ear and 140 is pumped into the other, then the brain learns to operate at the difference between the two beats (10 Hz).

Article link -->
Binaural Beats Can Reduce Anxiety - Natural Anxiety Meds

It already shows promise for mild anxiety. If not what you're referring to, I find it fascinating nonetheless.

Hot_Tamale

Thanks a bunch for sharing the url link. I feel like I learned more today. It would be interesting to learn more about the different methods and how good it is compared to prescription drugs.

I clicked on one of the links in the article you shared and it led me to a device called Earth Pulse. It claims it can reverse the aging process, improve strength, stamina, VO2-max, and eliminate lactic acid formation in muscles.

There were a whole bunch of customer reviews endorsing their product but I saw practically no links to journal articles testing the validity of this kind of therapy. I did even more research and found that most of electromagnetic frequency therapy was done on rat/mice models. Because of their amazing claims and lack of evidence on their website or on PubMed I am very skeptical of how this therapy helps people recover faster after exercise or helps people live longer.

Sorry, I'm not criticizing you. This kind of therapy might be good for treating anxiety and depression but it's still relatively new. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone I would not discourage it. But charging $499 for a device that can improve strength, stamina, VO2-max, and reverse aging? I think claims like that only scam people out of their money.

Last edited:

lily

yeh it's good to look into the research articles but if there are none then that probably means it's not to be trusted yet as you told me it's relatively new, but other people can use it for now to scam you in the money, you're right.

Hot_Tamale

i read the pulsed electromagnetic frequency Machine is like a Miracle Machine like if you type PEMF and your condition like 'Anxiety' then it will tell you the things about that like:

Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields (PEMF) have been found to be very effective in the treatment of GAD, depression, and general anxiety without the side effects that medications can cause. Rather than introducing foreign substances into the brain, PEMF electrically excites the neurons to dispense their own natural chemicals, helping to balance out deficiencies and restore normal brain function.
https://www.pemf-tech.com/topic/Generalized-Anxiety-Disorder-and-PEMF
That sounds cool because I was diagnosed with GAD not too long ago. I wonder how good it is with obsessive compulsive disorder because I have some of that too. Too bad I can't bring it up with my doctor because I don't have health insurance.

Hot_Tamale

r you saying that you're willing to try it if you had health insurance?

edit: i shouldn't have called this thread titled Magnetic cellular frequency treatment as if I'm talking about cellular like cell phone which I'm not but rather talking about it working on a cellular level so i should've called it 'electromagnetic frequency therapy?'
I would talk to my doctor about it and see what he thinks of it, how costly it is and all the side effects of it. Then I would want to look online or talk to someone in person and see how their experience was with it. The last time I told my old doctor about my GAD diagnosis from my school counselor he pushed prescription drugs on me. The drugs he gave me made me feel woozy but that was it. It feels like that's all doctors want to do.

At the end of the day I'm finding solace in my religious faith, people to talk to on socialphobiaworld, and small groups of friends/hobbies at home. Since my GAD and OCD is not life debilitating I can view it as a last resort right now.

The scientific literature uses a different name for that therapy than what you called it, so that's what confused me at first. But just because you change up the wording doesn't mean it's not the same thing. It could be.