Lots of acquaintances but no friends

SocialRetahd

Anyone else have this issue? Where you can be nice to someone and try and be their friend but they don't want anything to do with you outside of school.

rado31

SocialRetahd said:
Anyone else have this issue? Where you can be nice to someone and try and be their friend but they don't want anything to do with you outside of school.

It is good that you are realizing that they are just acquitances . 'Friends' can be backstabbers.

DelGreco

Yeah, I've got this problem. I've gotten along with my roommates at times, but once the year is over I don't see them again. In high school, I was semi-friendly with some people at school, but outside of school I didn't have any friends. That's how it goes, I guess; you can be semi-friendly/comfortable with people in one context but outside of that it's back to awkwardness.

recluse

Yes. For example my workmates. But I don't really want to be friends with most of my workmates. I'm happy having them as aqquaintances.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who I wish I could be closer with... I just don't have anything to say around them. They seem so interesting and I feel so boring. :?

recluse

Day_Tripper said:
Yeah, I know a lot of people who I wish I could be closer with... I just don't have anything to say around them. They seem so interesting and I feel so boring. :?

That's exactly how I feel

Thelema

If you know something you have in common you can do things in common and that builds friendships. If neither one of you have girlfriends (or boyfriends) both of you go out looking for girls (guys) or something. People always like talking about the opposite sex, single or not. Maybe invite them to lunch with them and just chat? Tell them they're looking skinny and they need some food in them :lol: