Lost

Anxy

Here's the article about the study they did in Japan: Why using a computer can cause depression | Mail Online
Anxiety and sleep problems have been reported too, yup!

At least if you're behind the computer a lot, have breaks, stretch a bit, drink some water/herbal tea...

Now that I read this article, that's sort of true. I can get pretty depressed and stressed by some people's opinions or views on things I've never encountered before.

I do that all the time. Drinking, stretching. Yup.

Anxy, if you go through interests quickly, consider you might be what Barbara Sher calls a 'scanner' (people who constantly scan the horizon for something new :) or have strong multiple interests, sequential or paralell) There's a book about it, Refuse to Choose, there are Barbara Sher forums too, and there's another site Puttylike.com where people with multipotentiality hang out.

You said you love being behind the computer, so your lfe isn't worthless, you just showed you love doing certain things a bit, err, too much... Maybe some of it could be channelled into a career prospect too? (If that's what you were talking about?)

I'll check this website out. Thank you.

I don't love it. I'm addicted. I won't stop, because I would feel really bad leaving the Internet world behind, all these friends, and stuff. Also, everyone's on the Internet right now. It's the future. I loved my PC when I was younger, but I lost interest. Art seems to be the closest one, but I'm not good enough yet to enjoy it.

Feathers

I don't love it. I'm addicted. I won't stop, because I would feel really bad leaving the Internet world behind, all these friends, and stuff. Also, everyone's on the Internet right now. It's the future. I loved my PC when I was younger, but I lost interest. Art seems to be the closest one, but I'm not good enough yet to enjoy it.

hmm, no one's asking you to stop cold turkey! Maybe 'minimize' internet time is a better and more realistic option. Though for some people having a day off or a few days offline can be reinvigorating - it was for me too! (I was kinda addicted to these forums and the internet in general at a time too)

Art - it can be a hobby first and also part of internet experience? eg you can post your art online or keep track of progress etc.

Anxy

hmm, no one's asking you to stop cold turkey! Maybe 'minimize' internet time is a better and more realistic option. Though for some people having a day off or a few days offline can be reinvigorating - it was for me too! (I was kinda addicted to these forums and the internet in general at a time too)

Art - it can be a hobby first and also part of internet experience? eg you can post your art online or keep track of progress etc.

Of course. I get head aches from being on computer all day, but to be honest, I don't have any other things I could do. I think life is boring, but that's for another topic.

I do that actually.

Feathers

Here's another link for you: Internet addiction disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(It's still controversial, it may still be interesting to read about it, and maybe take a test or see a questionnaire online)

There's a study that most people reduce time on computer by themselves (?) It's from 2005 though, maybe it's different nowadays.

I read online that it may take 3-5 years for brain to normalize after an addiction, there are specialized therapists who treat internet addiction too.

Not sure if you have it, just something to be aware of and maybe take some precautions?

Is there an art class you could join in RL, or meetings of artists, poetry readings, gallery openings (sometimes with free food!)...?

Anxy

Here's another link for you: Internet addiction disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(It's still controversial, it may still be interesting to read about it, and maybe take a test or see a questionnaire online)

There's a study that most people reduce time on computer by themselves (?) It's from 2005 though, maybe it's different nowadays.

I read online that it may take 3-5 years for brain to normalize after an addiction, there are specialized therapists who treat internet addiction too.

Not sure if you have it, just something to be aware of and maybe take some precautions?

Is there an art class you could join in RL, or meetings of artists, poetry readings, gallery openings (sometimes with free food!)...?

Oh wow, I saw this term today on Tumblr and thought this was only a joke.
I did one test, and it turns out that I am fine. I am a little addicted, but not much.

Never heard of that.

I can try, but Internet is the only thing that keeps me alive.

There is one I think, but not sure. I wouldn't want to go there though. And for the rest - no. My city is sadly very small, so there isn't much to do.