looking at people from the corner of your eye

dpr

Does anyone else have a kind of compulsion to do this?

I do it a lot when I ride buses (one of the main reasons I drive a car).

I sit down and get this feeling that people are staring at me, so I look at them from the corner of my eye to make sure they're not staring at me. What sucks is that people can usually tell that you are looking at them from the corner of your eye, which then makes them start staring at you if they weren't before.

I don't know why I do this.

Predacon

I sometimes do that when I waiting in a long line for something. I can't help it, I have to look somewhere.

2Crowded

I usualy think people are looking at me so I refuse to turn my eyes in the direction in which I think the looking at me is coming from...I make sure my eyes are straight ahead...I most times would like to look that way to see if what Im suspecting is correct but dont want to risk making eye contact with the assumed looker so I dont til I feel im far enough away from the person to where they wont notice me turning to look anymore.

hartbrokenvirgo

2Crowded said:
I usualy think people are looking at me so I refuse to turn my eyes in the direction in which I think the looking at me is coming from...I make sure my eyes are straight ahead...I most times would like to look that way to see if what Im suspecting is correct but dont want to risk making eye contact with the assumed looker so I dont til I feel im far enough away from the person to where they wont notice me turning to look anymore.
you took the words straight out of my mouth,,,,but i do it with customerso n my line at work as well, i know they see me looking at them