Longtime reader/sufferer - first post

deadwetter

Hello-I signed up yesterday after reading posts for weeks. I am a longtime General HH sufferer so I decided to finally jump in. My story is no different or more humiliating than yours so i will spare you the redundant history you already know. Over the last 6 months I've made it my mission to educate myself as much as possible about HH and I've finally decided to attack it head on (instead of hiding and masking) . All of your posts and stories have been a big help so thanks to all of you for sharing. Anyway, I went to my shrink today for my latest attempt to find some miracle anxiety/depression/dehydrating/stop the fight or flight response pill. He is a great doctor and today he finally realized that the core of my twisted mind's troubles stem from HH...instead of HH being a side effect from one of the other problems. Anxiety, depression, isolation, doubt, fear, low self esteem, possible BPD....etc. We are going to try Zoloft 25mg for now to level me off a bit. But thankfully he decided to refer me to a dermatology clinic at UAB for some reinforcement help. He says they are the best state with existing and new treatments for HH. We both agreed that would be the place to start (instead of local docs who pop pimples and iron foreheads). So I am looking for first visit ammuntiion in the form of how to prepare myself (questions to ask.....futile treatments to avoid....ANYTHING...etc). I have tried just about everything over the counter with no success. I am interested and excited about Robinul and wondering if a prescription requires any arguing, begging, or bribes on my part. Any advice on the first dermatologist visit (to save time and $$$ on wasted visits) would be appreciated. There are no wrong answers here so fire away. Thanks again -R

Brief history - I'm 42, all over the counters, Beta blockers, paxil, prozac and many more attempted. No Botox or ion machines. Surgery is not an option at this point because of fear of compensatory sweating. I have good insurance :)

Sprawling

Welcome to the group!
Robinul (glycopyrrolate) should be easy to obtain through your dermatologist. Make sure you carefully choose a doc who is familiar with HH by calling the office and asking them.

Good Luck!