Longing to be honest.

Anonymous

Without telling my life story, its been a bkwards path for a long while. But now, very very slowly i am moving forwards.

I am battling with many phycological problems alone, in a very difficult situation and am crying out for someone whom will be a friend. I long to be honest with someone and be heard.

I often feel as tho half of me is the me i should be. Strong, able and confident. But the other half is fighting against it, denying me the chance to put those thoughts and words into action.

I have a good head on my shoulders and know that a step forward for myself is also something i want...a friend. I'm a deep and meaningful person, plenty of hippy in me and, unique i guess.

I hope and pray someone, somewhere will see my honesty in this post and connect with me. It would me the world to me to know there was someone who cared, whom i could care for to.

Please contact me, [email protected]

Love to you all xxx

Anonymous

welcome aboard.I know exactly how you feel,as sometimes I feel confident,but then the negative thoughts fight it,and I feel like I can never be a real man.I can't make major personal decisions,and feel like I would be no good in a relationship,as I wouldn't be strong enough.I feel at times like I've never grown up,even though I'm 32.I know that logically that this is probably not true,as most people fail at some things in relationships,and the fact that I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years probably has something to do with this.I hope you can make some good friends here.I will post an email address when I set one up,maybe we can email each other.

Anonymous

Thankyou remus, guest and dill for your replies, i was happily suprised :)

I recieved an email from someone suggesting i put what it is i want in a friend here but i really dont know. There is so little in my life that i have trouble knowing me and what i want. I have interests but its not very often i feel well enough to pursue these anymore. I'm a very open minded, philosophical and creative person. I guess all i can say is someone similar. M or F, 18 or 80, tall or short. I really dont mind.

GUEST- Your reply felt very close to home. It would be nice to email eachother. If you like i can set up a new gmail account for you? I have a few invites floating around. Just let me know.

Thinking of you all in our tough times,
Eli xxx

tonetigger

Hi I'm new to this forum, i feel v similar to you all. i'm 30 and have been struggling with my anxious head for over 10 yrs now, well I did get better but it seems to have come back with vengance since oct 04. I guess I wouldn't say I was social phobic, at the mo, i'm phobic full stop if that makes any sense!!! :twisted:

Anonymous

tonetigger said:
Hi I'm new to this forum, i feel v similar to you all. i'm 30 and have been struggling with my anxious head for over 10 yrs now, well I did get better but it seems to have come back with vengance since oct 04. I guess I wouldn't say I was social phobic, at the mo, i'm phobic full stop if that makes any sense!!! :twisted:

welcome,would it be fair to say that you have gerneral anxiety disorder,where you are anxious not only in social situations but in most other situations as well.there are overlaps between sa , gad and avpd.how did you get over this last time round

Anonymous

well last time, well it all started when i was 18 and had a nervous breakdown, i became agrophobic and extremely depressed this was all due to my up bringing, anyway to cut a v. long story short, I had counselling and other stuff, cognitive therapy helped me most and also dealing with past issues. I guess u never get over it, u just start to try and think different, it has always been there lurking in the background although at times i've had some really brill times and i've grabbed onto these with everything, but somehow it popped it's evil head up again, and i think coz i experienced good times the bad times seem so much harder. I am really fighting it, but it's hard and frustrating. I cope with the physical stuff but it's the mental negative frightened thoughts that do my head in. well i guess I do my own head in if that makes sense!!! :!: 8O

blue

hello world im an anxiouse soul too, it breaks my heart to know that there are so many who seem to feel the same way i do. I spend every day of my life pretending to be a person that Isnt me, putting myself in places and situations that terrify me, pretending to be confident when inside im trembling like a leaf and hoping no one can tell, please someone , anyone I really need a friend too.

ColdAsIce

Hi

I totally know how you all feel but I haven't learnt the art of pretending yet like you Blue. No matter how hard I try to act confident and carefree I just give up because people can see straight through me, or at least I feel they do. Finding this forum was the best thing that has ever happened to me so far its so comforting to know that everyone is in the same boat and we are all here to support each other. :oops:

blue

I wounder if people can see straight through us, or we just believe they can when in fact they probably dont think anything. It is a really bizzare situation to be in and I always wounder exactly how I ended up this way, I guess the phobia bit is the being affraid of what people can say and think or even do that could harm or humilliate us . I always feel really paranoid infront of people, like they think im really strange or something. The worst thing for me is I have 2 young kids one who is 16 months and one who is three years. im 24 and have suffered since I was 15, ive always managed to hide my phobia( i think!) and desperatly dont want my kids growing up remotly like me , well except in looks and intelligence ofcoarse! so I get out of the house and take them to as many social things as I can manage, to try and get them use to people , wich is really difficult when im really scared myself. I get really depressed its hard to keep all this stuff bottled up every day,I feel like im going to crack.

emmie

i no exactly how u feel. people think im confident and i feel embarrased to tell friends how i struggle everyday. im a single mum im 23 by the way i run a buisness wiv my sister how i dnt no .id love a friend who i can b myself wiv and dnt hav 2 pretend everythins ok. :p

sunbeam

I feel like someones dug a huge hole with a JCB and I can't get out.

I am a nice person but I struggle with people I feel better when on my own. I have one real life friend who I have kinda chatted to about this kinda thing but he dosen't really understand.

I just feel like life is passing me by as I just sit here and age:(

I'm glad i found this place and best wishes to everyone at sorting something out:)

dizzydolly

Hi everyone ,Im a newbie on here , but Id just like to say how good it is to have found this site where so many of you can relate to the same probs as me.
Im not as affected as some of you , I can go about my day to day business ok , but I avoid new situations and people like the plague.
my family dont really understand ,Im sure they think Im just unsociable or miserable.
going through a bad patch at the mo ,so I appreciate being able to come on here and let it all out .