Long time reader first time poster

Lord Baltimore

Hello. I am a 20 year old male, living in Maryland and i suffer from moderate to severe OCD, moderate social anxiety disorder and a pretty bad case of body dysmorphic disorder. Yes all that makes me sound like a basket case but if you saw me you would think quite the contrary. You see i have lots of friends, a good family that loves me, i'm pretty well liked at work and school, and i even go out pretty often. I have all the makings of a very happy young man. However on the inside that is not the case. I'm completely miserable most of the time, i'm worked up and fretting about something near 100 % of the time (mostly irrational things). I have constant checkaphobia, i'm constantly self conscious about how i look (even tho many people tell me i'm very nice looking without me even asking). I'm a total nervous wreck in some social situations but the worst part is no one knows or has any idea i'm going through this. And i suffer from almost constant intrusive thoughts. I'm on meds and it has helped a lot but i felt joining on here to bounce some ideas off of people would help a good bit too. And i would also like to be of as much help to anyone else as i could. Brownie points for you, if you're still reading but i look forward to interacting with you all in the future