Long term effects of tap water iontophoresis

hydroman123

Hi Guys.....I've been using ionto 4-5times a week for the last 2.5 years and it's done wonders (knock on wood). I was just wondering whether there are any long term side effects. Besides my hands getting too dry (hardly an undesirable side effect) and burning a bit at the water line I haven't noticed anything at all out of the ordinary. Any thoughts. Thanks alot

Englishman

No side effects that I know of... glad it's working for you! What severity would you say your HH is? Ionto didn't work too well for me...

hydroman123

Hi. Mine was pretty awful. Interfered with my job and personal life. I got the Idrostar device way back in 2008. It took me a good six-seven months to get it to work. In the end I did twice daily treatments for about two weeks till the sweat suddenly ceased. I thoroughly recommend the device cos beside the display getting wonky after a few years all the parts that matter function just fine.

sportsfan8

ionto is one of the few things I haven't tried (besides botox and surgery) because machines are expensive and there is a lot of a trial and error aspect to it. But I think I need to put aside some time to properly research it.

hydroman123

Ionto isn't expensive in the long run. The initial cost of the machine may be prohibitive to some but it's not much more than a good smart phone. Best decision I made in my life was to stick to it. Gonna do it till I die so long as there aren't major long term side effects.

Sprawling

Here's what I've been using for the past year. If you search around you can get it for up to $100 cheaper. I was using the Fischer MD1A for years and switched over to this Galvanic Stimulator.

Don't be fooled that it's not designed strictly for HH. It works like a charm and since it is pulsed I feel zero pain compared to the Fischer unit.

Amazon.com: Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator: Health & Personal Care

So when I said that ionto need not be expensive, this is what I meant. I paid $140 for mine about a year and a half ago.