Lonely

Shy_Gurl2007

Lately, I've been feeling so lonely. Besides work, all I ever do is sit at home and surf the web. I CRAVE for social interaction. It seems like my friends all forgot about me. Facebook really makes you depressed. I asked my friend earlier if she had any plans today, and she said no. A few hours later, I look on Facebook to see that she went out with a bunch of friends. Stuff like that always happens to me. What is wrong with me? Am I incapable of having and keeping friends? I'm a nice, friendly person. Maybe I am simply forgettable, and nobody really cares to hang out with me. Last Saturday, I stayed in my room and cried my eyes out because I was lonely. It seems like I will be doing the same tonight.

MaliceInWickedland

There's nothing wrong with you. I can actually relate to your situation quite well. It's not that you're incapable of having and keeping friends. I think the problem is that people lack appreciation nowadays, especially towards people like you who are actually nice and friendly. I also agree that Facebook makes you more depressed than anything. People usually use it as an excuse to make up for lost time with friends even if they never actually make the effort to stay in touch with them in real life, and that's why I try not to take it so seriously now.

I'm really sorry that you have to go through this and that I don't really have any good advice to provide you with, but what I can tell you is that you need better friends. True friends would be checking up on you and asking you if you want to hang out with them, not ditch you and toss you to the side like that b**** did. Just know that you haven't done anything wrong. It's people who are wrong. Please don't cry either. I know it's hard on you right now but trust me, you will pull through. Just give it some time and try asking your other friends if they want to hang out. I really doubt any of them will do the same to you like that girl did, so it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

Shy_Gurl2007

Thanks for saying all that. It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this. You helped me feel better.::eek::

BiWinning

I do the same thing! (minus the crying, it's really hard for me to cry)
I think you just need to associate with better people.
I mean, I'm a horrible person and I have friends so I'm sure it's nothing wrong with you!
Don't cry!
I suck at giving advice, but honestly, that person is an ***hole, that person who lied to you knows that they're an ***hole.
You're not.
You seem like a really nice person and I think Facebook is ruining personal relationships.
So, just find better friends, ones that care about you, or at least aren't buttmunchers.

MaliceInWickedland

Thanks for saying all that. It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this. You helped me feel better.::eek::

Believe me, a lot of people here are going through the same thing you are. You are not alone. I'm very happy to hear that! If you ever need someone to talk to, I'll be here to listen. Just so you know :)

U

userremoved

Yeah its happened to me a few times too since I started school. I dont even like to look on facebook anymore.

Shy_Gurl2007

Yeah, you are right. It's really hard to meet new people around my town. There is not much to do here. The bar scene is pretty much the only way to meet people, and it's just not for me. Maybe I should join a club or something lol?

BiWinning

Yeah, you are right. It's really hard to meet new people around my town. There is not much to do here. The bar scene is pretty much the only way to meet people, and it's just not for me. Maybe I should join a club or something lol?

Clubs and hobbies :D
Anime and playing viola have gotten me around the most people I'd ever want to be around in my life!

BiWinning

How long have you been playing the viola? I really wish I had a musical talent. I've always wanted to play the piano.

seven years almost :D
Musical talent? Not really!
Try hard? Most definitely!

I play guitar and piano on the side, not very good at either!
I bet taking piano lessons is a great way to meet people! You can go to symphonies, or recitals!

Invisibleman

I looked on Facebook and the feed was full of people posting their plans and going out enjoying life on this a saturday night, I let out a long sigh, then came here and seen this thread haha:)

I cant really give you advice because I feel the same way,although I just recently hung out with some friends for the first time in years, I still feel incredibly lonely. I can relate to the forgettable part, I always think that whether im there or not it doesnt really make a difference and thats why my existence slips peoples minds.

Shy_Gurl2007

I bet taking piano lessons is a great way to meet people! You can go to symphonies, or recitals!

That's impressive!:)

Lately, I've been feeling so lonely. Besides work, all I ever do is sit at home and surf the web. I CRAVE for social interaction. It seems like my friends all forgot about me. Facebook really makes you depressed. I asked my friend earlier if she had any plans today, and she said no. A few hours later, I look on Facebook to see that she went out with a bunch of friends. Stuff like that always happens to me. What is wrong with me? Am I incapable of having and keeping friends? I'm a nice, friendly person. Maybe I am simply forgettable, and nobody really cares to hang out with me. Last Saturday, I stayed in my room and cried my eyes out because I was lonely. It seems like I will be doing the same tonight.

You crave for social interaction. The simplistic answer is go do it. But we both know that is incorrect.

You want it but cannot have it. Drats! For **** sakes!

To ignore social interactions is pointless. Do not try.

Self esteem.
Stop worrying.... - Do you like doing what you like? Find out what you like then do it.

You're nice? Please keep being nice. We need you. The only reason you could be forgettable is because you stand behind. Stand for who you are and only for who you are. Let know one else tell you otherwise.

Facebook is great, I am there. I can keep tabs on all the people I care for. If they are out havin fun, wow, I am grateful. If I am stuck in a soulless environment and they are out and about havin the time of their lives so be it. Happier when others are happier. You can be too. Join their discussions.

Cry. Please cry your heart out. Let those feelings free. Do not keep them bottled. Such a wonderful person you can be.

this_portrait

Facebook sucks like that. :/ Nowadays I keep daydreaming about partaking in social gatherings and whatnot, waiting for the opportunity to come up, but nothing ever happens. I wish some opportunities would come up, though, considering it's my last year of school.

Kasini

Sometimes I just go and walk around town where there are a bunch of people...sometimes this helps and sometimes it doesn't...all depends on how I'm feeling when I go...

It's really great though to see the level of support that people give each other here...with this many people experiencing similar feelings, it makes one wonder if there is something unique about all of us, something beyond the pain...

Thank god for the internet, what did people do before?

Mrblushy

I thought this was interesting. I find the feeling similar but in a different way. I used to get called all the time to parties and gatherings but never went to them because I get no social satisfaction in talking with empty people who care a lot about how many hundreds of fb friends they have. I often feel lonely because there are few people who I can talk with on a deep level. I'm often depressed and I feel like the past 6 years happened overnight and I've not done anything in that time or enjoyed any of it :(

stevelee24

the thing i dont get is i love being alone im quite happy with my own company but still feel lonely mainly at night i think we all need to feel companionship sometimes and without it there's always something missing in your life.

Mr.Prez

Holy cow that's awesome! I've been playing the cello for most of my life.

Oh, and 1st post here so hi everyone