Lonely in NYC

alex1983

Hi Debbie
yea it can get lonely in this city if you don't know anybody.

Hey loxinjsh welcome to nyc

Well I live in Brooklyn if anybody wants to talk just send me a message.

I live in Manhattan! :)

The city can be a pretty cold place socially. Sometimes I wish I was in one of those small towns where you live as a community, and you're not surrounded by strangers all the time. But then again if the town sees you as "the quiet guy," like how they'd see me, it would stick and you couldn't escape from that label. So Manhattan is perfect as far having room for personal growth, but somewhat overwhelming when it comes to competing to be human!

Last edited:

Eilonwy

I'm from NYC too! =] I live in Queens. Considering its such a thriving community, its hard to imagine too many people around here with SA. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! ^_^ it still sucks around here though.

mitchellb999

I've got SA and I want to move to NYC. Does that count? lol

Trust me, big cities are a LOT better for dealing with SA. Living in small towns, especially living out in the country, is awful for SA.

Small close knit tribes are better for dealing with SA. Our individualistic, capitalist, urban-oriented society demands you to be a very outgoing person if you want to succeed. It doesn't matter if you are in the city, suburbs, exurbs, or country.

In the city you'll be anonymous and lonely, in the country you'll just be known as a hermit. Suburbs are the worst. You get the isolation of rural areas with the problems of the city.

I'm not from NYC but I'm only about an hour away.. My older sister lives in Yonkers, so..I don't know. It's close?

But. I'm not sure what's up with me. I would give anything to live in a city. doesn't matter which one. When I'm in NYC I could do things by myself. I just feel like something inside of me just comes alive. I don't worry about anything. I mean I used to live in a small close knit community of 300 houses.. so I never really noticed the full effect of my S.A..until I moved.. anyway (went off topic) but being in the city makes me feel normal.