Living in a small town with SA your whole life (up to your mid 20's)

What would you do?

• I would move away eventually

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I would do anything it takes to move away ASAP

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I would stay and try to change, then move later

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I would stay and live on the outskirts (if I had no choice to live there)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I would stay and try to live there the rest of my life (different for everyone though)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

voodoochild16

Oh now, There's nothing wrong with being different.

It's being a sheeple I find very abhorrent.

I was once out going and popular, I tried it on for size, and it was exhausting, petty and ultimately completely an act of narcissism. This is how people think successful people should be and are rewarded for this behavior in society.
Count me out!

Big town small town people are all the same. It's the solitary people I like and I rarely meet them since they hide away like me!

Well yeah I believe this too, that theres no problem with being different, but it's just not a belief that everyone believes in, to accept people if they seem alot more shy. Most often you can't immediately tell if someone has SA, you can only sort of slightly predict it.

But yeah, outgoing/successful people are rewarded for something that they didn't work really hard to get (aside from the success part). They are just like that. And of course there is no chance for us to get rewarded for anything. I remember someone at work got a raise because he was so "outgoing with the customers". I just think shit like that is bullshit.

voodoochild16

Oh it's true, if they cannot put you into a group and label you then you are not something they understand so you will be ostracized. Humans fear what they don't understand and they don't want to understand something if it's different and not socially excepted-like being shy.
Oh you have a sales job? I have had a few of those myself. Welcome to the world of lying and falseness to sell crap! Smile big! Yes, the bigger your mouth the more crap you sell. Aint it grand? I have been given compliments about being good at sales, then I go home and want to puke for my falseness to earn a buck. That the difference, we feel horrible when we are fake, others feel good inside and gain more and more status and accolades.

Yeap, the talented and outgoing think they're "all that" and they just point fingers and make fun of the different, it's all peer pressure and influence. Some people call these people to be all following "one mind", at least in middle school and high school, and sometimes to go even further as a belief of theirs past high school and into college.

Any ways, yeah, I had a sales job, but then my employer understood I hated people so I was given a good SA job, and I am grateful for that. I just have a ton of bad memories now though, you can't ever not look back.