Living in a Small Town vs. Suburbs vs. Big City

What's the most ideal place for a person determined to conquer Social Anxiety to live?

• Small Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suburbs

• Big City

• Total voters

blackomen

Let's assume you've discovered that you've got social anxiety and you're quite determined to overcome major obstacles to conquer it. You bring yourself to interact with people in a social setting on a regular basis, deal with rejection, find opportunities to polish your social skills, etc. What would you think would be the best type of place for you to live (Smalltown, Suburbs, or Big City), given no constraints in career choices and living costs?

I'd personally think one would be best off living in a big city if one is determined enough to meet new people and fight one's social anxiety. Sure, people may not be as friendly but you might not have to deal with ever running into them again.

Foxglove

I think living in a big city would be the best thing for trying to overcome SP. There you have annonymity. If you feel uncomfortable, you at least have the consolation that you probably won't see that person again anyway. I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone else and everyone else's business. That makes me feel pretty anxious and paranoid. I have to say that I would hate living in a big city, though. I would like to live out in the country where I would hardly ever have to see another person. Not that that would help overcome my problem :roll: .

rado31

in some other forum i have read a story about a guy who decided to leave alone , in the country side rural area, almost no populated at all/i think he uses wireless internet.
He even has a bear as an encounter in his hut/house. I admired him and i wished to live like that. But i have changed my mind, i live in a big city and i think it is the best. When i m deeply down with a sp feeling i m thinking of livin on a beautiful place in our familys weekend house on the hill near danube, beautiful scenery it is but it is slightly populated, so even there i would try to hide myself . I m thinking to buy some solar cells to equip the place anyway.

I cant imagine living in some village with this. It is a total disaster

recluse

I live in a rural area. The best thing about living here is the peace and quiet and there's no crime here. The worst thing is that i am isolated because there is nothing to do here really, i mean the nearest cinema is 60 miles away! That's what i hate about living where i do...Nothing is convenient here.

Predacon

While the idea of a place in the country is tempting, I think the Suburbs or Big city is better. You're close to everything you might need, plus its a lot easier to blend in, there are so many people no ones really going to pay much attention to you.

SilentType

Banned
I don't know who mentioned it, but the lonely cottage by the sea option is my life goal at this point. I plan to move to the a solitary place on the northern Cali coast one day and live without the hassle of people being in my business 24/7. Somewhere that I can drive a half hour to pick up the necessities every two weeks and never come into touch with human beings, except on the internet. As you can see, my life has been turned upside down by SA, and I will always be its slave. But as long as I'm comfortable, that's all that matters to me. I work from my computer so thats not a problem... I think it's a good idea, while everyone says, "Ohh no you have to have social contact!" Not me. I would be happy to never see another human face as long as I live, but that's just out of the question now isn't it.

Peace