lip twitches

emmie

i no i have asked twice b4 but a newbie mite experience this!!
my main problem is my lip tremor or twitch when i speak to certain people
does any one experience this?
also this week im very stressed ive had a crawling sensation in my cheek?
has anyone had this?
it will help me to no im not the only person in the world!!!!

Crimefish

When I'm stressed out, I get muscle spasms anywhere in my body - eyelid, cheek, hand, leg... I think it's just down to nerves. I know other people who have this problem too, so you're not alone.

tupac

i start to twitch in random spots, could be my legs, arms,eyes. sometimes im just sitting doing nothing and i start twitching even if im not nervous. hardly happens but when it does its just so weird.

BrownEyes

I hate spasming! When I get in front of a group my legs and hands shake, that is kind of normal but what I hate is that whenever I take a picture my freakin' lip starts to twitch like crazy! It is SO embarrasing. I hate it. :oops:

emmie

thanks everyone for ll your replys it does help to no im not the only one if i do find a cure ill let u no! :D

Yossarian

I used to have eye twitching. Thankfully it's gone now. Though I do avoid stressfull situations completely...apart from shopping. Prob not the best cure.

LittleMissScareAll

I've had eye twitching before and occasionally in other parts of my face and body. And sometimes I notice my nose kind of twitches when people speak to me when I'm nervous. I especially get these at work...once I had an eye twitch that lasted for DAYS. I got really scared...I thought something was actually wrong with my eye.

Danfalc

Banned
I get majorly twitchy when im up town, cos thats like a high stress factor for me.I use to get tic's when i was just around people, but i managed to get them under controll.

Advice, the more you try and physicaly stop them, the more they will happen, i know its easier said than done because i felt like they were drawing more attenion to me,but dont focus on them, the more you think about them and get worked up the more they will happen.Also i think there down to muscle tension so perhaps taking a bath or somthing else which relaxes you might help.Failing that relaxation techniques could help maybe.

p.s, emmie, this might sound silly but you could always softly bite the inside of your lip to like secure it, or chew on some gum or somthing :)

Faded

Lip twitches

Hey Emmie!
U gotta be glad tht your not the only one facing this!

I'e got loads of twitches when talking 2 certain ppl ,, i certainly know tht i get the lips twitches!!! n' i know it gives ya difficulties 2 talk or sometimes it makes ya sound stupid! :oops:

I have a prob when my lip twitches , i have my finger on my mouth or on my chin, it helps it relax or sometimes 2 avoid ppl's attention .. but it gets it more uglier! ppl tell me 2 take my hand off my mouth!!! They think im a freak!

dottie

oh yeah this happens when i am stressed. usually in the workplace, which is the most stress-inducing environment for me.