Liking someone who is faaaar away....

Cryptolysergick

Does anyoen ever have this happen to them? Like if its form online? Its terrible, it never works, and it costs more than marriage i bet! woudl anyoen ever date a board member?

black_mamba

Happened to me. First relationship was instigated online. Naturally distance was a part of it and it sucked. He left me in the end and I learnt to avoid that situation in the future.

However! I do know of one American man who left his home and went to live with a Swedish girl he met online in a Tomb Raider forum back when it was big. It was famous amongst the community because it was obvious they both loved each other a lot.

Two sides of the argument there. :p

black_mamba

Sorry to confuse you! :lol:

If you're prone to falling for people online, why not only talk to local people?

Wait, the defeats the point of the net doesn't it. Me stupid.

Cryptolysergick

I met a local person before, off the net, we met (rhyme yo!) and she ended up hating me cause I was hiding msyefl and she thought i was trying to not look at her and she felt ugly :-/. ah well. Ive fellf or a few online people too, its just so...hopeless, none of them like me back.

black_mamba

Don't give up.

I also met a local person from the net many many years ago (I wasn't a child I hasten to add!!)

I was so nervous I did not say a word to him throughout our entire 'date'. It was excrutiating. For some reason I was overwhelmed by this person and very nervous, but I'm not always like that.

So keep trying. OiNk!

Cryptolysergick

She was like, i dunno perfect for me, I woudl talk about ducks saluting hitler at teh alke we went to, it was the best moment of my life (yea cheesy) it was at night at a lake, and i coudlnt even walk next to her when she wanted me to :-/.

Cryptolysergick

Yes the important thing is, that I foudn otehrs liek me, even if its online, im only going for socially anxious girls now hah, that might be a bit harder.

Krista

I like someone on here who is relatively far away but that doesn't matter to me. It either works or it doesn't but I think you should just enjoy the connection you have with another person. Just because it might not pan out romantically shouldn't stop you from having a relationship with them as a friend at least, you can never have enough people who make you feel great.

And even though this was made a long time ago lol, I could care less. Everyone should read it.