Like mindedness and relating to others...?

planetweirdo

Dose anyone have close friends that you share little or nothing in common with personality wise? Can you relate to or form a bond with someone that is completely different from yourself (with a different personality, different opinions and views and share no similar interests with you) ?

Do you think that it is wrong for a person to only hang out with or befriend people that are like minded and have lots in common with his or herself? Would you consider that to be closed minded?

Do you think that most people naturally gravitate to people to people that are like minded and have similar personality and share similar interests?

Is in normal to feel uncomfortable and awkward around people that you share little or nothing in in common with?

What if you feel like you don't have anything in common with anyone. that your different from everyone else in the world, do that mean that you have no choice but to be a loner?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Dose anyone have close friends that you share little or nothing in common with personality wise? Can you relate to or form a bond with someone that is completely different from yourself (with a different personality, different opinions and views and share no similar interests with you) ?

I don't have "close" friends with whom I have nothing in common, but I do have a co-worker with whom I have nothing in common and since we've been spending a lot of time together, we ended up getting along and being able to have interesting conversations etc.

I think the reason why we ended up getting along is because we are both open minded at a certain point.

Do you think that it is wrong for a person to only hang out with or befriend people that are like minded and have lots in common with his or herself? Would you consider that to be closed minded?

No, I think it's natural to befriend people who has things in common with you. Being close minded would be to judge or condemn someone for being different. But you can accept other people's opinions and views without wanting to be friends with them.

Do you think that most people naturally gravitate to people to people that are like minded and have similar personality and share similar interests?

I suppose so

Is in normal to feel uncomfortable and awkward around people that you share little or nothing in in common with?

Yes and the reason to that would be that it is more difficult to find a subject of conversation

What if you feel like you don't have anything in common with anyone. that your different from everyone else in the world, do that mean that you have no choice but to be a loner?

No because there is actually a lot of people who feels like they are different from everyone else in the world. This is something all these people have in common.