Lexapro Probelms (my sister)

R3K

Hi guys, I'm posting for my sister, who's a little timid about this topic--thanks in advance for reading and replying.

Okay so she has glaucoma pretty bad, and had to have a cornea transplant recently. She drinks a lot of wine and has been dealing with anxiety issues a lot lately.

Now, her doctor, a regular practitioner, just prescribed her Lexapro a few weeks ago and about a week ago she told me she had this unusual muscle fit. She said her fists suddenly clenched super tightly of their own accord, and her heart rate increased super fast, her breathing intensified like hyperventilation. The episode lasted a few seconds (I think).

Anyway, it scared the crap out of her. when she told me about it, I told her to stop drinking alcohol and go see her doctor again. But I'm wondering if this regular practitioner is the best qualified to be dealing with this. I told her she needs to see a psych, considering all the other factors involved.

if any of you have experienced issues with this drug, or have advice for her, i'd appreciate it :thumbup: