Lexapro, me.. and I dont know what

So, what I read says Lexapro is mostly for GAD. I have SA. Do you think this is a good call? The doc put me on .5mg of xanax for two weeks and 10mg of lexapro today. This is all new to me, never been on anything. I am taking my first one tomorrow.

What can you tell me of the plus side/down side?

Anything I should be aware of? Should I ask for something more for SA?

Of course, the Doctor visit was wild and crazy and so I was REAL nervous by the time I got in to see her and rambled like a mad man.

Just curious what everyone thinks. If you are anti drugs I understand, I was, but its this now so yeah..

Thanks everyone!

Blaze

Lexapro didn't have a significant effect on me, and I was on it for over a year. I don't like the idea of taking pharmaceuticals to be honest, and I stopped after I felt it wasn't doing me any good. I hope your experience with it can be a more positive one. Every drug has a different effect on each person.

sigh, I hear ya. I am 31 and am just now trying the drug route. We shall see. Some people had some good results.

I love your quote by the way! Thats just great! ha ha

missjesss

Banned
I am currently on Lexapro 15mg I tried about 3 different anti depressants before I found lexapro and found it rlly suited me I was on it for about a year then I managed to wean off it as I felt I didn't need it anymore and was gaining my confidence back my ex bf helped also...I managed to stay off it for a good 6-8 months med free but as soon as I went into depression from breaking up with my bf the s.a started creeping up again so I went straight back on the lexapro I am doing alot better now.

The main side effects I find with me is just frequent yawning and mayb vivid dreams mind you I dreamt when I was off them anywayz...the 15mg does help for my s.a for example if im talking to a checkout chick or someone direct I might feel the axiety coming up but it quickly subsides wheres off meds the anxiety wont subside quickly..

lexapro is def better for depression but when you are depressed it's alot harder to fight s.a so the best combination for me is cbt and lexapro good luck!

mismeek

I was really sick on lexapro.. i took it for 6 mos.. Ugh. I think it kinda depends on the person. Ive been through 4 SA drugs. you just have to find whats right for you. I use paxil in combination with xanax now.

Kristina223

I've been on Lexapro 10 mg for 3 weeks now and nothing has changed yet. I know it takes 2-4 weeks to start working, but I really don't feel anything. I'm still depressed, still anxious, still can't function properly around people ... I know meds won't solve the whole problem, but still. If it weren't for the side effects (insomnia, even "bigger" anxiety)the first few days of taking them, I would be sure that I'm just imagining taking the pill and in reality I don't.
So you'll see ... on some, Lexapro has done wonders. I've read a lot of stories saying how Lexapro helped people with their anxiety problems. But on some it just doesn't have any effect. I think it's a good idea you started taking them. If it doesn't do anything for you in a few months, just go to the doctor and you'll probably try others. But I hope you'll be in the "L. has done wonders on me" group. :)

i feel great besides the giant headache yesterday. but I am afraid its just the xanax.

We shall see. I will say I never knew I could feel this free of anxiety/OCD/Depression.