Lexapro 10 mg

Closeout

I've been on 5 mg of Lexapro since the end of February and I really don't feel like it's helping. I started on such a low dose because I only weigh 105 pounds and was afraid of the medicine hitting me too strongly. I'm considering going up to a 10 mg, just to see if that'll do me any good. I've held off so long because this is the first time I've taken an anti-depressant, and my anxiety has turned into anxiety over this medicine. I just want to be able to go out and do things without feeling like my stomach is revolting against me or sit down in a restaurant without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I only stay at home and when I go to work, it's a complete battle over my anxiety. If I had the financial security to not work, then I'd never leave my house.

I would just like some advice on what I should do and your own experiences with Lexapro.

Thank you! :)

I did not like lexapro at all. It gave me horrible vivid nightmares, and made me extremely paranoid. However if you don't have any negative side effects, then I don't see a problem with upping the dose to see if it helps. Of course you would have to talk to your doctor, and usually when you increase dosage on medicine you have to check in after a week or two to make sure your doing ok. So I wouldn't be worried about it. If it doesn't work you can always try something else.

panicsurvivor

Lexapro is one of the many meds that I was prescribed that I couldn't stand being on. But some people like meds. So if it isn't hurting then you might as well increase the dose. But I really think that meds are never the real answer. I think they are more short term bandaids then anything else. I think usually the real problems have to be dealt with by you and you alone.
But hey I could be wrong. If some of you have had a lot of sucess with meds let me know maybe I should try again.

fitftw

I was on Lexapro. Don't remember the dosage or for how long. I hated every med I was on...including Effexor, Wellbutrin, Provigil, Adderall, and some other bull**** fakeass drug.

rattybadger

Hey, I've been using lexapro (currently on 20 mlg) and it's been working fantastically. Obviously the medication works differently for everyone, but so far I've had nothing but positive things happen on it....

Well... there was the getting used to it which lasted about three months. My muscles got a bit sore and my jaw hurt whenever I ate. But then it all went away and I went back to normal. My social anxiety has been toned down to a place where I can manage it. So yeah...

Good luck with it!
:D

SeptembersGold19

Lexapro made me feel weird and made my pupils HUGE! I was scared to go in public out of fear that people would think I was on an illegal drug!!!

danyule

i was on lexapro, didnt really do anything for me either so i just told my doc and he gave prescribed me something different

Fear of people

I was given a script for Lexapro from a Doctor for anxiety... how ever, I haven't had it filled as yet and I have 1 repeat on the script. I went to see another Doctor and she has put me on murelax...which is a (benzo,sedative) and not a anti-depressant drug... to help with my anxiety. I prefer murelax, because it is fast acting on the system and gives me a mild sedation effect.

missjesss

Banned
Lexapro has worked wonders for me, I went on it for about 8 months and went up2 15mg then I felt I didnt need it anymore so I came off it, 6 months later I feel I need it again so am currently on 10mg... anti depressants are just a trial and error, b4 I

missjesss

Banned
found lexapro I tried effexor and pristiq and I found them to be horrible, if u feel ok on 5mg but its not working which it generally doesnt at such a low dose then move up a dose no harm done :)