Less anxiety around strangers than people I know

Richey

Yes because people you know tend to be more judgemental and condescending. They know your weaknesses and have formed an opinion of you. They will have talked about you to their friends.

So of course, with strangers that isn't an issue.

If you have a good friendship based on empathy, or you truly like someone, then that is someone you are happy to see or run into. If you know someone and they are just really nice, aren't overly confident or judgemental, just really nice, then you'll be happy to see them. Because there is no fear of unknown attached to those people.

I believe it's the people you know who are judgemental and intimidating, perhaps overly confident that are the ones you would feel uncomfortable bumping into. They are the ones you may see and think "oh god what do I do, better hide".

Last edited:

Shyguest

I agree, it's the people who don't really empathise or rely on the friendship that make me feel nervous and want to avoid them. The ones who seem to understand and need a friend are less intimidating and cause less anxiety.

Last edited:

Dreamscape

I can totally relate to this also. Strangers often finds me attractive and outgoing on first impressions so i take this as advantage to initiate convos with them but i never initiated long convos or relationship with anyone long period so its just first time talk so i cn tell them what i had written on my mind i can answer questions without getting boring after those sessions is over they start to think im boring and lose their curiosity. So im starting to hate them and myself.

lilmutegirl

I had this realization a few years ago!! I actually figured it out because of a friend of mine. When I met him, I thought I'd never see him again, and we talked just fine, but when we started hanging out, I clammed up, because I was afraid of saying something wrong.