Leaving school and lost...

sahxox

No one to talk to lol so gonna poor out my heart to the internet.. o_O
I've been finished school for over a month now and have gone from the hectic HSC to absolutely nothing. Netball was my saviour and it is now over for the season so I literally do NOTHING all day long.
My friends live over 20 minutes drive away, and everyone at home either works or goes to school and I'm not eligible for my license for another 5 months so I sit on facebook or just walk around my spotless house (as a result of this boredom haha) waiting for everyone to return, only to find that they are grumpy and not up for anything as they need to unwind. I'm 17 and it is horrible at this age to be so isolated from all forms of social contact. Ironic, because not so long ago I would have done anything to avoid talking to ANYONE.. but slowly social anxiety has been partly overcome through age to allow me to atleast go down the street by myself.
However I can't help feeling like a dork for some reason... not meaning to be conceited at all but people tell me that I am attractive, yet I cannot 'use' this to transcend self doubt. Problem with life, it's all about how you act, not what you are; how you use what you got, not solely what you have. And still these doubts cast an inhibition on my life which I am having trouble transcending.
The most progress I ever made with social anxiety was when I was progressing in other areas; i.e. academically, gave me enthusiasm to overcome boundaries. But now I am stuck in park, when this should technicaally be the most exciting time of my life. Truly isolated and truly bored - I've applied for jobs, yet most people have trouble finding them when there is so many of us school-finishers searching.
Haha yeahhh sorry to complain but I am mentally dying here aha help...
No enthusiasm to pursue what I want to do as everything seems mundane from this point of view
Even gaining a job seems dismal as I am afraid of my social anxiety kicking in and regoing through the process of being labelled the 'quiet' one aha... which again limits my search to jobs that are fairly ordinary like at major department stores cos for some reason I don't feel 'good' enough to apply somewhere a little different like a dress shop......

So by leaving school you mean that you're finishing high school? Or are you quitting? Either way, high school is somewhat of a safety net and you feel safe from the troubles of the world.

Ever since I graduated from High School I've had this overbearing fear of what I'm going to do. The future scares the living crud out of me. Mind you I'm only fresh out of High School. Dunno, guess we'll see what awaits.

OCDd

hey man no need to feel like a dork, your just like everyone else many people are going through what you are and you can find a bunch on here and talk to them. if you could find a time on purpose to meet with a friend, like on the weekend or something when they are not as stressed, and more enthusiastic. tell them you want to meet at a mall or just hang out during these times. you could take up a hobby to, drawing, or a sport, or jogging. just try stuff till you find one that you like, and it takes your mind off of this stuff. your not alone man so if you ever need help, were here. I hope this helps you though, God Bless! :)

sahxox

Razzlecherry - I have completed high school and am in the same boat... planning on taking a year off to figure out what I wanna do, but it's kinda counter-productive at the very minute...
OCDd - thanks dude, liking your enthusiasm :p

MikeyC

Where in Australia are you located?

Yeah, the HSC was crazy. I remember doing that back in 2003. Once I was done I spent the next 11 months unemployed. Some of the worst times of my life.

My suggestion is to get a job. Any job! You will thank yourself with a paycheck and the ability to buy a few things along the way.