Leaving food unfinished

Scottish_Player

I have a problem with finishing off meals,i cant normaly finish a whole dinner or anything like that even a packet of crisps,the problem i get is that i must leave a bit unfinished.I dont know if this would count as an OCD or something else :?: Iam not fat so i dont see it being anything like me being anerxic if anything i realy need to put on some weigh.

I can be enjoying eating something and then when it comes to the end i must leave a bit,if i finish it all i just feel sick :? and then start to panic that i will be sick so it just makes it all worse.

It goes for most things like McDonalds,breakfast and so on and i was just wondering if anyone else has had this.

ppaul

i gotta say thats an interesting one.

but lots of people have little quircks like that. you wouldnt call a kid who doesnt step on the pavement cracks OCD. maybe you should look at it as just a quirck rather then giving yourself another disorder.

maybe people should be required to list their disorders in their name as well as qulifications..... Dr John Smith. PhD. MBa. SA. OCD. ADHD

Scottish_Player

thanks for the reply paul,i think i already have OCD anyway so its just another thing to add to the OCD list,i was realy just intrested to see if anyone else has came acrosss this or heard of it.
:)

Scottish_Player

It looks like iam the only one with this then :?:

oh well atleast i got something that no one else has,iam unique for a change :D

Fredscars

see i feel bad, not finishing stuff..when im at a new persons house, or not direct family or friends..i also feel bad taknig food or drink..like its offensive or soemthing..so if i really want a drink..and im offered one, i will say no out of politeness..

Remus

Staff member
I wish I was like this

I cant stop eating!!!!

I feel hungry most of the time

Toad

Scottish_Player said:
It looks like iam the only one with this then :?:

oh well atleast i got something that no one else has,iam unique for a change :D

Sorry to break it to ya, but i do this as well...i dont really view it as a problem tho. I dunno...i eat a chicken sandwitch and gotta leave a little bit of the bread and chicken...eat pizza, gotta leave some cheese and crust. Some smaller things i can finish off no problem (snackish stuff like popcorn...sometimes leave a few kernals but thats only cause theyre not popped not cause i feel sick :p), but with a meal if i eat it all i feel sick as you said. Kinda is weird tho since sometimes ill be able to get seconds, but when i start to get full i wont be able to finish what im eating or i feel sick. The only time it really bothers me is if im eating something i really like. Not real sure if thats what your talking about...i think it is tho. I also have to eat one thing at a time, like if im having steak (yum) and potatos, i have to eat all the steak before ill touch the potatos. I dunno i dont really notice it anymore but other people do. Ironically kinda like you, im not fat, in fact im underweight, but i know im not fat and im not anerixic and i would like to put on weight but my metabolism wont let me. Yes im that person who eats whatever the hell he wants and doesnt gain anything...dont you just hate people like that :p.

Scottish_Player

Hi Toad

You had to go and spoil my moment there :cry:

:lol:

it sounds like you have it the same as me like you where sayin it also bothers me when iam enjoying something and i cant get to eat it all or i will feel sick. :(

SPECTACULAR

Well buddy,
I don't think this is a problem. take me for example, Ican't get full!
I keep eat till i explode and I don't know why. I know that's wrong and it might be a desease but I really can't do anything to stop it,
and there's another problem, it's that right after I eat, i just sleep!
I can't do anything else but sleeping, even if I just woke up I don't know why.. I hate these two things and I just want'em to stop although im not doing anything to stop it. :roll:

black_mamba

Sorry to bring up an old thread but,

I also do this!

I get full very very easily and hardly ever manage to finish a 'normal sized' full plate of food (unless I really like it and/or I'm completely starving).

The wierd thing is I have a sweet tooth so after I've filled my stomach to the brim with savory stuff, I always manage to fit in a desert afterwards. Wierd. 8O

At my uni campus the portions for lunch are huge. I've recently been forcing myself to finish the entire plate because it means I will perform better later in the day (i.e. studying and tests) and it works, plus I've gotten a little bigger - this is very rare for me because I'm naturally skinny and find it difficult to gain weight.

I find it better now to eat smaller meals, but more of them...anyone tried that?

maggie

kinda of topic, but do you get weird eating food in front of others? i do...especially at work, or out in restaurants 8O ..it's kinda like i feel like food will fall off fork somewhere between plate and mouth and i eat in like slow motion or something....and seriously don't understand how others can eat in restaurants by themselves....yikes, that scares me :roll:

beautiful_soul

noo,why do you that,I love fooood
I dont know why I'm still thin,I'll be fat when I get older
I can eat the rest of your meal :wink:

Meatwad

maggie said:
kinda of topic, but do you get weird eating food in front of others? i do...especially at work, or out in restaurants 8O ..it's kinda like i feel like food will fall off fork somewhere between plate and mouth and i eat in like slow motion or something....and seriously don't understand how others can eat in restaurants by themselves....yikes, that scares me :roll:

YES! I hate this. I am so self conscience when eatting in from of others (besides immediate family). I won't eat in a public place alone either and I hate being in the tables in the middle of restaurants. I need to be along the side. Sometimes I will end up avoiding eatting all together (even if im really hungry) if i think i might have to eat in front of people like my boyfriends friends or family.

maggie

me too moog! i would much rather sit along a wall, in the corner, and i love those booths (i can hide in there 8) )....i like to sit near the bathroom, cause then i don't have to walk in front of lots of people, or wander around like a dork trying to find it 8O..i have a terrible sense of direction when i'm nervous....which is most of the time :roll: ...and ordering is horrible..sometimes i just say i'm not hungry and avoid the stress :oops:

Meatwad

maggie said:
me too moog! i would much rather sit along a wall, in the corner, and i love those booths (i can hide in there 8) )....i like to sit near the bathroom, cause then i don't have to walk in front of lots of people, or wander around like a dork trying to find it 8O..i have a terrible sense of direction when i'm nervous....which is most of the time :roll: ...and ordering is horrible..sometimes i just say i'm not hungry and avoid the stress :oops:

I always have whoever I am with ask for a booth. And I always get nervous before i get up to go to the bathroom, i have to make sure I know exactly where it is.

black_mamba

I find restaurants in general quite scary because of the whole waiter interaction thing, and having to deliberately get their attention sometimes.....*shudder*

People have often taken the p*ss out of my eating habits; things like "Are you gonna %*#!ing eat that or just play with it?" Really embarrassing...I turn clumsey in front of people. :oops:

maggie

i had a meeting today (yikes) and we had to order food (double yikes)...i went (with a friend) an hour early to get rid of some of the stress...then i ordered a salad. 8O but i had to cut up pieces of tomato into little pieces (cause i was afraid big sections would fall off fork and i would look like a dork :roll: )...all in all it was better than expected...except huge honkin chunks of lettuce, holy shit, i guess i ordered the wrong thing :wink: