Laziness a cure for certain compulsions?

mobius

I first observed OCD symptoms when I was around 5 (yes!), mostly because my Mom has OCD too and that's how the small repetitive actions became noticeable. I am 22 now and although the intensity has reduced a lot, it has aggravated on a different level. The decrease in intensity could be attributed to laziness. What used to be a compulsive ritual to wash hands, turn switches on/off, checking if the door is locked some dozen times, counting everything I lay my eyes on, counting physically using fingers and making it more evident, some sexual obsessions and the likes, I have now started experiencing extreme (and by that, I mean EXTREME) mood swings. I had been staying with my parents all my life and whenever I used to feel depressed, I just went over to mom and started feeling better by simply letting her know how I felt. But I stay alone these days, miles away from home, and the depression has aggravated some 1000 times over. I recently got involved in a relationship with this wonderful girl, but sadly she is a major cause for the mood swings. Whenever she texts me, I feel so elated, on cloud 9 and I do whatever I am doing so confidently. However, if she takes time to reply to my messages, I feel so dejected to the point that I feel utterly worthless, almost like a non-existent junk in this world. I feel like killing myself sometimes. I was reading somewhere about bpd and the known symptom of idealizing/devaluing someone close to you. Do I show any visible signs of BPD? Would these problems come in the way of my relationship? I am ready to do anything as long my girlfriend is not affected by my actions.

I have never been to a doctor before for mental/ psychiatric help and I have never been diagnosed with OCD for the same purpose. I am a graduate student and recently I told my psychology professor about my problems and she was surprised that I had gotten so far to the extent of reaching grad school. Frankly speaking, I have had slight concentration problems but I have always been an above average student so far. Should I read a lot into my professor's words and consult a doctor? What should I tell the doctor about - that I have OCD, or that I also suspect of having BPD?

durda_dan

OCD and BPD are different illnesses, just because you have OCD doesb;t mean you have, or that it will grow into BPD.
it could simply be depression in an extreme form because depression can also have mood swings, especially if accompanied with OCD in the first place,
me for example i am happy most of the time, but i have intrusive thoughts, when i have intrusive thoughts i get super depressed,
although i am not depressed all the time.

just_shadows

it definitely does sound like you have BPD...
i'd say - talk to a doctor about it.. i know i could have saved so many friendships by doing so in the first place, and well - at least by being aware what exactly am i doing...