Last time you had fun?

InDeepshit

I'm in a good mood, and i feel like going out and i started thinking about when was the last time i did go out and have a lot of fun... i figured it out to be about 6 months ago! No wonder i'm in a rut most of the time..that was with people i hadn't seen in ages aswell! We went to a bar, we drank, my 'mates' were flirting with men and i had this one sleazy guy hitting on me ... and that was a passable fun day out! But it was something different to do so it was fun in the end
How about everyone else?

Foxglove

The last time I had fun at a party was 12 (!) years ago. It was at someone's wedding reception and there was music and dancing. I danced all night, and didn't have to make real conversation with anyone. Most parties here in Germany, at least with the set of people my husband knows, are boring affairs where people just sit around and get drunk and talk about the same old stuff they always talk about.

SilentType

Banned
I choose not to drink, as it is too easy to just want to have "fun" all the time and end up unwittingly self-medicating to the point of alcoholism. I think all of us social phobes are born with a predisposition to alcoholism due to the fact that alcohol does "help" us through social situations, not to mention the fact that it is so readily available. It seems like all people do to have "fun" anymore is go out and get drunk. I don't get it. To me, when someone asks me to go to a party or event where people will be getting drunk, all I hear is, "Let's go poison our livers!" Just my 2 cents...

Peace

shon

I don't like the way alcohol tastes. It seems to make most people feel good but makes me depressed and I don't like feeling out of control.

With that said, I don't understand why alcohol is legal but weed isn't. I smoked it a few times 15 yrs ago and it made me calm and relaxed. I actually opened up and laughed around the friends I had.....HAD I say. It may not be good for the lungs but neither are cigarettes!

InDeepshit

Hey foxglove, the last time i would have felt free from my SA and had genuine fun would have been around primary school... my account was the most recent passable fun day out, so not the best.

Silenttype and shon, i agree with you when it comes to alcohol, it has definitely become part of the australian way of having fun. But i know how often i don't go out, so i just go with it. I do use it to medicate myself so i can have a good time, and it works... but at the same time i realise people drink until they're off their face and often which i'm against. I really don't think smoking and alcohol should be as easily obtainable as they are, or even become illegal as all other drugs. But that's unrealistic now it's sold everywhere and with so many people using this stuff.

recluse

A lot of the time things spoil my fun. The last time i had fun was at a wedding party in September last year, and i was drunk which is the only way i can relax and get on the dance floor, but usually i end up just sitting in a dark corner with a drink deep in thought.

Caseums21

Last time I went out was beginning of November of last year. I got really sick though and had to go home early. I didn't get sick from alcohol but from anxiety.

A friend of mine just text me today and asked me to go out. I keep making up excuses to not go out. No one knows I have this anxiety except my brother and dad.

AgentR

I would say for having proper fun without it being spoilt, I would say July 2006 when I went to a theme park with my friends and we just had great day. Rollercoasters are quite positive things when I you get over the fear of going on them.

livingnsilence

The last time I had fun was the last time I was drunk (about 3 weeks ago). The only time I can have fun now is when I'm drinking b/c the depression and SA have gotten too bad. The last time I had fun without drinking was probably 2 years ago when I was on my senior trip.

tommydog

Hmm ok.

Last time I had genuine, unadulterated fun, was around 2 months ago.

Kyosho Inferno GT BABY !!!

Phwaor man what a rocket.

Its a 1/8th scale nitro\methanole powered race car. Bloody hell. The satisfaction I got from the first time I got the engine cranked over, the noise, the white smoke pouring out of the exhuast man what a feeling.

Then, after a few days of break in (running the car gentle) it was time to lean it out (optimum fuel delivery to the engine for top performance) and let her rip.

The thing flew. Wheel spin, then traction, then, see ya later. Fly'n up the street, just when I thought fuck this thing is fast, I heard it shift into second, and at that point, the fun and adrenaline I felt just gave me flashbacks to my teenage years ! :lol:

Havnt driven it much lately cause it needs some repairs :lol:

Last time I had fun was last w/end.
I go out dancing all the time so have fun a fair bit.
The in between partying is what sucks. Recovery can take a while sometimes and general living is just so mediocre.

aboobooboobooo

The last time I had fun was when I went out with a good friend of mine to the movies and dinner. I really liked her more than a friend, but she was going out with an idiot who does coke and cheats behind her back. I just prayed to God that she would open her eyes and see the great person that I am and how much of a cheating jerk her boyfriend was. However that never happened but I was just so happy to be with her that one night that I cried in my car after I dropped her off at her house.

That was 3 years ago. :(

Edith

A few days ago I went out for drinks and food with some co-workers after work. And even though I was fasting and couldn't eat or drink anything they still really wanted me to come out, so I agreed.

I had a great time... so great in fact that I felt giddy. We talked and laughed and it was just a totally sober and fun evening.

This is starting to become a regular weekly thing and that makes me very happy. I love heading out with friends from work.

sketchy24

Mmm I honestly don't remember... well, I've had good moods but I don't remember doing anything fun. I think the most memorable thing was like three years ago, I went with my cousin to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I had never ridden on a "real" roller coaster before and I had the most exciting time of my life riding those things. They started getting boring after I had gotten a bit used to em but it was still fun. We went again the next year but it wasn't nearly as much fun as they weren't as "thrilling" as they were the first time.

Doing the free fall 150 feet on a bungee cord is a bit more exciting. Right when the chord snaps and you start the fall.

I remember thinking that day that that was the most exciting and fun day of my life.

But ya thats about it. Doesn't mean I don't have good moods or feel ok... just never do anything fun or exciting cause I really don't have anyone to do anything fun or exciting with.