Laser sweat ablation

Conor

I am wondering has anyone had the laser sweat ablation to destroy sweat glands? If so was it successful? I have compensatory sweating on my chest and back after ets surgery. I have been researching this laser treatment and it can be done all over the body. I am surprised not to see anybody talking about it on here?

Sprawling

Using the search bar above type in: Laser sweat ablation
click the "show posts" circle

Last edited:

Conor

That link doesn't seem to work for me.
I've been in contact with an expert in Texas by the name of David nielson. I'm waiting for a reply with some more info and prices. I will keep ye posted

wannabedry

hi conor, im still interested in this procedure as well, Ive been chatting a bit with Dr nielson about it over the past couple years, he's actually the Dr who did my ETS. He performed my ETS in 2002. (who did yours?) Ive been suffering with super super BAD Compensatory sweat over the years that has made my life pretty unbearable. The hardest part about it is explaining it to people. I can go on for days and write a book about it, (I actually might write a book about it) but you know what its like. Nielson seems to be the only DR that does SDLA (in areas other than the armpits) and thats what keeps me a bit skeptical. for example if you look at the international hyperhidrosis society website they dont recognize or promote this procedure (other than for armpits-again) so that seems a bit sketchy, also I contacted another surgeon(cant recall name right now) and he said it didnt sound safe, unless its only for the underarms due to nerve damage. then theres a couple other forums where I posted questions about SDLA and the responses I got were negative and I was referred to posts of people who, for example one person says they did SDLA on the feet and had nerve damage, and another said it just didnt work long term? so I dont know . I also dont have the $$$$ as SDLA is super expensive if you need all the body areas that we would need to cover the CS areas. so the jury is out on it. Nielson claims that it works and I wanna believe him soooo bad but even if I come up with the several thousand $$ for it, am I ready to risk even worse damage than the post ets CS??? or should you? Nielson needs to publish studies about this but I guess its still too new to know longterm results yet. anyway if you want those links to other forums about sdla just prvt msg me! good luck