Language Trouble

DukeOtakuNukem

I am currently trying to learn Japanese, but as I have described in earlier posts, I have been deleted and blocked by many, mainly because my skills are very poor, and I still don't know what to do to this day. I have invested quite a bit of money in books, but apparently, I am a "kinesthetic" learner, and its probably why I sought language partners online in the first place, but of course I did not find the experience welcoming, and my motivation to learn the language has dropped drastically, in fact the only way I can give myself the energy to even open the book and try to learn something is if I have brutal death metal playing at an extremely high volume to cover the pain of the negative experiences I had trying to communicate with them. Another thing to mention is that every time I am reminded that my skills are poor, I feel an extreme surge of sadness, and feel like destroying something. I don't want to live this way, I don't even know what my purpose of being around is anymore, as thoughts of suicide as been prevalent recently along with the thoughts of destroying things. Pardon the gruesome content, I am just feeling hopeless. Thanks for reading, and for all of your support.

Last edited:

DukeOtakuNukem

Yeah, well that is how it goes... At least some brutal death metal will at least help me keep the book open in the meantime.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I wish you luck learning it. I'm sure you will speak it better eventually. Just try not to let that bring you down, it's not your fault, it's them being... stupid.

AGR

Try to get your hands on the "minna no nihongo" books,there is the main book and there is a side book which is the translation,available in many languages,it also comes with the cd(mine didnt).

as for speaking, watch many movies,anime,tv shows and etc,pronunciation in japanese is pretty simple compared to english for example.

Thats how I did with english,not that my english is perfect,but I think I could get by,didnt have many people to talk with at all.
Now kanji,that is the hard stuff.....