Ladies? or Gents, doesn't really matter I guess

Chilling__Echo

going off the looks equaling confidence thread, ever have those days where no matter what you wear, you still feel ugly/fat/stupid/whatever? you change clothes fifty million times and still don't feel right all day?

i can never get myself to get out of these moods. i used to dress up and try to look extra nice on days like those but now it's gotten to the point where that doesn't help either.

any suggestions?

Richey

Thats happens to me even if im going to the shops. ill try on every shirt i own until im happy :lol: its a tad obsessive but if im not happy with how i look then i wont go anywhere and also ive been exercising alot to try and tone up my body because i feel like i dont fill out my clothes enough for a guy :? i was on the train and heard this group of girls talking about what they want from guys and they were saying that they only like the fit looking guys(note these are cliched girl crush convos that are too generalised) and i am fit but i would like to look in shape for myself which goes hand in hand with what clothes your comfortable wearing...my friend doesnt exercise at all and yet he looks fit all the time so he is comfortable wearing tight jeans and just about anything..and i find it depressing that i cant just wear anything i like and feel comfortable after all you only live once and i just want to develop my own character for myself

Septor

I'm like that to when I wear any thing.I'm always obsessing about what I wear.I always try to look as nice as possibly and I still don't think I look good because in the end it's windows dressing.If you don't believe that you are not fat,ugly,stupid or whatever else.All the best and nice looking clothes in the world will not change the way you feel about your self on the inside.

The person has to truly believe that they are not ugly or fat.The clothes only fix the out side but it does not change the inside.I wish I had a answer but I have not gotten over it my self. :(

longlivesolitude

Chilling__Echo said:
going off the looks equaling confidence thread, ever have those days where no matter what you wear, you still feel ugly/fat/stupid/whatever? you change clothes fifty million times and still don't feel right all day?
I just had one of those days.. after changing cloth a couple of times I was getting kind anxious because I couldn't find anything and I just ended up not going to school. Kind of stupid but I had a nice day at home ;) Hm.. I feel like i'm more obsessed with my looks than a guy should be :|

jojosparkles

i do it all the time..thats my biggest problem...thats how i developed sa..i would take hours to b perfect and then i felt so horrible i wouldnt go out at all in case ppl thought i looked mingin. i stil feel like that all the time and dressing up dont help no more..all i think is why am i bothered wat other ppl think about me..im only bothered about the ppl who care for me opinion..and they love me rough as toast..no make up ..messy hair..and in my pjs. even if i feel fat or ugly or mingin i have to do it for them..they dont care how i look..they would love me watever.. :)

even if i feel uncomfortable like im crawling in my skin..its feelings i have felt before and coped with..i wont feel anythin new and things wont get any worse. if u think like that u will b alright. thats wat i had to do to start work and the gym...and im not that bad lookin really..there is alot worse out there.

caz

I constantly feel like that I think its all part of the illness you lose all confidence.

scatmantom

Ive got issues with my hair, I love it when it looks tidy and is styled. But if my hair has no product in its all frizzy and stands up and is a nightmare. I cant leave the house unless my hair is looking good, otherwise I have to wear a hat. Most people think im VAIN but its not that at all, I just care about my appearance!

brownbag

Let's Play Dress-Up - Hoorah.

Yep, i always have to make sure i dress "properly", and the colours have to match "properly" and no wrong or off and odd colours mixing together.
so i usually just stick to black or dark brown/blue for all - jeans + tees. [saves time in terms of our problem in my opinion - quickly get my act together. although girls may beg to differ, depending on their colour taste, heh]
sometimes white tees are a backup.

the shirt and jeans have to be neat and proper.. even though i know when i'm outside it's probly going to be untidy and mess up a little, but i can't help it sometimes, i just gotta look "right" before i step out of the house.

which explains why i take so long just dressing up, just as some of you said you do too.

:?
"heh-heh"
:wink:

I've been like this for a while, when I was younger it was really bad and I would take hours to get ready, changing a million times and convincing myself I look ugly in everything. It's a bit better now, I take less time to get ready, but I still think I look ugly and ridiculous in everything, and my make up never seems to be right, and my hair doesn't look nice. When I was in York the other month with my boyfriend we were going to go for a meal with his mate and his mate's girlfriend who I'd never met, and I had to wear a dress. I spent ages in front of the mirror feeling ugly, and then when out I felt completely stupid, like I looked ridiculous, even when I was told I looked good, and some guy tried chatted us up when our boyfriends went to get drinks. I usually feel ugly and ridiculous, but sometimes I feel good looking, on a good day :)

shipost

if were talking about clothes or hair styles or whatever, no matter what I will think people are looking at me even if I am looking good thinking whats he doing lookin like that etc like im not good enough

Chilling__Echo

my friend doesnt exercise at all and yet he looks fit all the time so he is comfortable wearing tight jeans and just about anything..and i find it depressing that i cant just wear anything i like and feel comfortable

Richey, omg don't you just hate people like that?!?! ugggh, i'm in college right now and i see all the skinny preppy gorgeous girls walking around and i know that not all of them work out and it just makes me sick :( i was going to a show last night and i KNEW that all the little rocker girls were gonna dress in their skimpy outfits and go so i think that's what threw me off, i knew that i would never be as pretty as them. and normally i'm pretty confident. i guess i still have my days.

The person has to truly believe that they are not ugly or fat.The clothes only fix the out side but it does not change the inside.I wish I had a answer but I have not gotten over it my self. Sad

oh Septor, SO TRUE... you're completely right. clothes won't change how i feel about myself in the end.

Hm.. I feel like i'm more obsessed with my looks than a guy should be Neutral

longlivesolitude, guys can be just as worried about their appearance as girls, i wish you wouldn't be :lol: i wish everyone felt comfortable in their own skin

and like the rest of you said, i'm sure SA has alot to do with it. or was caused by it. if anything has to do with a confidence problem, it won't help SA :( and thanks for the replies, now i don't feel so... weird?