Lack of long friendships

lilmutegirl

The past few days have highlighted my lack of close relationships to people. At work, I have seen patrons and co-workers reunite with old friends and meet up with people they seem to know very well. My son had a birthday party yesterday, and at least two of his best friends (one from school, the other my friend's son) were in attendance. I want him to have lifelong friendships I feel I lacked when I was younger.
I am not particularly close to much of my family (or my ex-husband's family, with whom I am friendly, but don't feel a lot of connection to). I have a few friends I would consider close confidants, for which I am grateful, and an amazing boyfriend, but I see people who have been friends their entire lives, and I just don't have that.
I have made impressive (in my opinion) strides in regards to my SA, but this is one area that has remained the same or gotten worse over the past few decades (I have lost touch with a lot of people I felt close to at one point).
I feel like I should join a group, or something, but I don't know what type. I also think I should try to get closer to my son's friends' moms, but don't know how...