Kids

lilmutegirl

I've been observing my son playing with other kids. I've noticed how social he is. He'll play with anybody. And have conversations with other kids as though they've known each other for years, even if they met only moments before. I wish I could be like him. I wonder if I was like that as a kid (I don't think I ever acted that way around kids I didn't know--or kids I did know, for that matter). I'm also pretty sure my parents didn't take me to places where I'd be likely to interact with other kids in this fashion.
Thoughts?

A86

kids with their underdeveloped, inquisitive and highly influential minds... sounds scary to have that much responsibility as a parent on an individual.

For sure. external stimuli or lack thereof most definitely plays a large role in defining who we are.

coyote

i have twin sons - born minutes apart - fraternal not identical

raised identically, side by side - same environment, same activities, same parents, same family, etc...

one is extroverted, the other is introverted

MikeyC

I used to be more extroverted when I was 10 or younger, too. I hadn't learned about my emotions and stuff at that age.

Your son could go either way. He could stay as extroverted as that, or he could become quieter. Only growing up and the way he handles his environment will tell.

Srijita52

I used to be more extroverted when I was 10 or younger, too. I hadn't learned about my emotions and stuff at that age.

Your son could go either way. He could stay as extroverted as that, or he could become quieter. Only growing up and the way he handles his environment will tell.
^Agreed. I've an older cousin who used to be extremly extroverted when he was younger. To the point where his parents got really annoyed. But all on a sudden when he turned 12 everything stopped. He just went from super extroverted to super introverted. Its really strange.
As for me, I was more shy and quiet as a child. Never talked to anyone except for my parents, not even at pre school. :p