Kathryn is very stressed

Kathryn

Well to start off with, I just started school. My schedule is jacked up; they put me in 5 AP(college level) classes(I only signed up for two)... the whole school is in a furry because everyone was put in overly advanced classes, although I seem to be in the worst situation...
I have no 7th or 8 period, although this is not a good thing. Due to the fact that I don't have a car(my dad yells at me if I call him) and people yell at me if I hide in the library, I end up sitting outside for 2 hours.

So I have no one to talk to (once again) and I feel very isolated...I wish I could vent to my friends but then I realize that I have none
plus the demands of my AP classes aren't helping
Somehow I managed to gather the strength to call my guidance office...but I called 3 times and they never picked up their phone..
the whole guidance office is full of complaining kids and its darn near impossible for a mute like me to get anyone's attention

I am suicide material

Last edited:

thor01

I know how you feel, at school I was always just stood around myself outside in breaks, and at college its the same haha. I had a few long breaks and had nothing to do, so I just stood around but that felt awkward, so I just wondered around town.

WelshOne

It's probably going to be the same for me in September. I'm hoping I'll be able to make a friend or two, but if not I'm planning on spending my time in the library. At least I'll ace the course if I do that, lol.

Persevere, though. It should get easier when you've had time to settle in to the new routine.

Kathryn

its just so hard, I know it will end up like every other school year: no friends, lonely, milling around school not knowing what to do with myself

WelshOne

Try some relaxation techniques. They can really help when you feel stressed out. I use one (Secret Garden) for anxiety, and it's helped me out on a few occasions.

On the bright side.. people in AP classes are mostly nerdy and they dont' really care if you're not "cool" or youre socially awkward. So I'd make an effort to talk to them. Start by asking them if they could explain to you something you don't know. and then I'd ask what their name is etc etc. (lol I should probably take my own advice more often)

And try not to be too hard on yourself. if you fail an AP course you'll just have to take it again in college. It's no big deal ;) I've skipped one or two AP exams.. don't think they're compulsory... at least at where I went to school -- where are you from?

Anomaly

I've taken all AP classes before, it was worth it. Normal classes don't prepare you for college. Plus, you'd see the same people a lot since smarter students will all be taking AP with you. Smarter students means nothing retarded occurs in class, such as fighting.

timidhorse

Well to start off with, I just started school. My schedule is jacked up; they put me in 5 AP(college level) classes(I only signed up for two)... the whole school is in a furry because everyone was put in overly advanced classes, although I seem to be in the worst situation...
I have no 7th or 8 period, although this is not a good thing. Due to the fact that I don't have a car(my dad yells at me if I call him) and people yell at me if I hide in the library, I end up sitting outside for 2 hours.

So I have no one to talk to (once again) and I feel very isolated...I wish I could vent to my friends but then I realize that I have none
plus the demands of my AP classes aren't helping
Somehow I managed to gather the strength to call my guidance office...but I called 3 times and they never picked up their phone..
the whole guidance office is full of complaining kids and its darn near impossible for a mute like me to get anyone's attention

I am suicide material

I would start interacting now with your fellow classmates. If only I had done that when I was in Honors and AP classes, would I have never been so socially unchallenged. I even dropped AP and got into regular classes because I couldn't take the loneliness and the strain it put on me was taxing. I still was lonely, no friends and sat by myself under a tree further from people. The only class I felt somewhat comfortable in was my advanced art class. Now I'm in a cc and I'm a wreck and I had so much potential, I still do. So please, please don't end up like me Kathryn. Stay in AP and go straight to a University even if it is burdensome with SA, it will save you much grief. I can't even relate to most in cc, even if I tried.

Kathryn

ok well just so you all know i applied for a schedule change, although it is very hard for me to do so....I will stay in at least 3 AP classes, I just hope my school calls me down sometime soon...