just wondering ??

johnny 85

hi ya, i was just wondering how many people who have went through some kind of therapy for there social anxiety, has been fully cured of it :confused: or is this sumthing were gonna have for the rest of lifes and all we can do it learn to deal with it :confused: please feel free to comment !! thank you

mrb

well i did try hypnotherapy , but all i did was drag up stuff from when i was when i was a kid ... never went back but it did give me a few things to think about .. stuff i was saying , she was saying ect i do think it helped a little bit ... but my mother has sa and passed it down to me , but i really do think if you have bad anxiety and seek professional help , it can be ... not 100 per cent cured but you can handle it a lot better ..

lyricalliaisons

I've been in therapy for two years now, but it hasn't helped. The therapy isn't specifically for social anxiety, but my social anxiety/agoraphobia issues is what we spend the majority of time talking about. I think it's partly because I haven't had good therapists, I've had two & neither have been good for me. I'm switching to another soon, so hopefully it will get better. But even with better therapy, I still know I'm going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life. I've had it my whole life so far, & I know it's not going to go away.