Just sick of it all

Draconess25

My mom and I have to choose between living with her good-for-nothing piece of shit emotionally abusive husband OR applying for public housing, getting rid of the dogs who I would give my life for, and starting from near-scratch with only $500 a month. I'm too much of a *****-*** little piece of shit to get a job, because I'd probably piss my pants just filling out the application, so neither of us will have a phone. And people say, "Oh you'll be fine without a phone. You only use it for texting." Yes, and that's all I need it for, not all the other useless shit my mom is paying for. People don't understand that without my phone, I curl up in bed all day crying and shaking because for all I know, everyone I love could DIE and I wouldn't know it until it's too late and I never got the chance to tell them I loved them one last time before their house burnt down because the electric in their house isn't grounded! I TOLD my mom I wanted the $25 prepaid thing at AT&T, but the salesman just HAD to convince her that Sprint has better signal quality. ALL my friends have prepaid phones that work JUST FINE, while I've had an average of 2 bars since we switched to Sprint. So my mom is spending MORE money on LESS. And she doesn't understand that I would LOVE to have my own job and make my own money, but as far as her and her husband are concerned, my SA is just an excuse for me to lie in bed all day and be lazy. I lie in bed all day because I'm DEPRESSED! Because I have nothing to look forward to! Because I just wish I could close my eyes and go to sleep! Sleep is the only peace I get, until I have a horribly vivid nightmare of my mom's husband raping or stabbing me, or of my boyfriend or mom or Granny being burned alive. And that's what'll happen. I'll have to say "I love you" to some charred bones or a rotten corpse in someone's trunk. Yes, I may just be another example of some pathetic American reliant on their phone, but not to Twitter shit or play Candy Crush. I don't even know what the hell Candy Crush is. No, I need my phone to stay in contact with the ones I love. If I can't contact them, they are hurt or sick or dead, and I might as well be. Actually, I might as well be, anyways. It's MY fault I'm too much of a ***** to get a job, it's MY fault we have no money, it's MY fault we have to find somewhere else to live, it's MY fault my mom and her husband fight, it's MY fault I don't get along with that *******. Don't even bother with the fact that he stabbed my mom when they were my age, busted my Granny's head open, was in prison for a year when his first son was born, went to prison AGAIN for 21 years for armed robbery and attempted murder when his second son was born, and has the nerve to tell my mom that he grieves my brother's suicide more that she does and that she's a bad mother. What the hell does HE know about parenting?! He was incarcerated for over half his life! I wish the cirrhosis would just kill him already. "Oh, that's a horrible thing to say!" "You shouldn't stay stuff like that!" "It's bad luck to wish that on someone!" "Be careful what you wish for!" He is a terrible person and deserves to suffer and die. Ugh, I'm so stressed that I can't even sleep or eat, cause food costs too much money for me to be eating it. Besides, I can't be in the kitchen for more than 5 minutes without that bald scumbag walking in and giving me a dirty look! Either way, I'm screwed. If we stay, we have to walk on eggshells all the time, I have to barricade the bathroom door when I shower, I have to make sandwiches in my bedroom, I can't sleep at night, and we'll eventually get kicked out anyways. If we live, we STILL have to walk on eggshells because public housing is so damn strict, we won't have the money to pay the water bill, we won't have the money for food, I'll never be able to contact my loved ones because I'm too pathetic to even scrap together $25 a month, and we'll have to get up Gizmo and Snickers, who I care about more than life itself. I just wish a comet would hit....

jaim38

That's a horrible situation to be in. But nothing's going to change if you're not doing anything. I recommend looking into online courses offered by local community colleges, as a first step.

I'm sorry you and your mother are going through such a situation. If he is abusive, y'all need to get out of that situation ASAP. If your mom is currently being abused by him there are places you two can go to get out of that. I'm not sure how it works but there are places like that. It sounds to me like y'all need out and like quickly. But I can see where money or lack thereof can be an issue. It's the sad truth that finances can keep a woman and her child in a bad situation like that. I hope something good happens in your life. I wish you the best.

Draconess25

That's a horrible situation to be in. But nothing's going to change if you're not doing anything. I recommend looking into online courses offered by local community colleges, as a first step.

Ours doesn't offer any. Besides, there's nothing I wanna go for.

Draconess25

I'm sorry you and your mother are going through such a situation. If he is abusive, y'all need to get out of that situation ASAP. If your mom is currently being abused by him there are places you two can go to get out of that. I'm not sure how it works but there are places like that. It sounds to me like y'all need out and like quickly. But I can see where money or lack thereof can be an issue. It's the sad truth that finances can keep a woman and her child in a bad situation like that. I hope something good happens in your life. I wish you the best.

Oh, he doesn't abuse her anymore, just when they were younger. And all he does to me is like passive-aggressive shit, just saying things and doing cheap underhanded tricks to make me uncomfortable and miserable. Nothing he could even get in trouble for, especially in this town. My town is disturbing.

Ithior

Before I make a suggestion (or not, depending on the answer), I'd like to know how your anxiety manifests. If you don't mind telling us of course.

coyote

Proven steps to getting out of a crappy home and starting your life when you're 18:

1. save some money up

2. move somewhere else far away

3. get a job to support yourself

4. make your own way in the world

5. don't look back

(i accomplished 1-3 by joining the marines - your solution may be different)

rule #1 is don't say "i can't" or "yeah, but..." - those excuses will keep you stuck right where you are until you get pregnant and move in with a guy who promises to take care of you just like your mom did

good luck

Draconess25

Proven steps to getting out of a crappy home and starting your life when you're 18:

1. save some money up

2. move somewhere else far away

3. get a job to support yourself

4. make your own way in the world

5. don't look back

(i accomplished 1-3 by joining the marines - your solution may be different)

rule #1 is don't say "i can't" or "yeah, but..." - those excuses will keep you stuck right where you are until you get pregnant and move in with a guy who promises to take care of you just like your mom did

good luck

I'd rather die than get pregnant. Childbirth and pregnancy belong in Stephen King books.

And that's what my mom and her husband say, it's all excuses. They don't understand that simply meeting a stranger or ordering my own food makes me want to drink myself to death.

Last edited:

Draconess25

You can't get a job because of SA right? I want to know how your anxiety manifests (sweating, panic attacks, ...) so I can have a clearer picture of how your SA is stopping you.

Severe panic attacks. The usual dizziness, shaking, headaches, stuttering, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nausea, and cold sweat on my better days. Spacing/blacking out, inability to move, inability to speak, inability to breathe, severe chest pain, vomiting, and a sudden urge to piss my pants on my worst days. The worst days are a bit more common lately. Weed absolutely fixes my anxiety, and for awhile I was actually staying calm even when I wasn't high, but these past couple months just broke me down again. I don't even want to get out of bed anymore. As soon as I get the chance, I go right back to my room and lie down, hoping to sleep. But I never can, not with all this tension.

Ithior

Severe panic attacks. The usual dizziness, shaking, headaches, stuttering, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nausea, and cold sweat on my better days. Spacing/blacking out, inability to move, inability to speak, inability to breathe, severe chest pain, vomiting, and a sudden urge to piss my pants on my worst days. The worst days are a bit more common lately. Weed absolutely fixes my anxiety, and for awhile I was actually staying calm even when I wasn't high, but these past couple months just broke me down again. I don't even want to get out of bed anymore. As soon as I get the chance, I go right back to my room and lie down, hoping to sleep. But I never can, not with all this tension.

Does this happen in all sorts of social situations or have you noticed any trends?

On a side note, this friend of mine also has panic attacks (don't know what triggers it though). I met her in university (she was a friend of a childhood friend) and she already had a history of panic attacks. The second day I was with her she had a panic attack. At least half the people in our year (60 people I guess?) knew she had panic attacks. In fact, a major faculty group she belonged to knew it as well, and they even had a nickname for her that referred to her panic attacks. But still, people didn't get away from her or bully her. Sometimes they'd joke about it but they wouldn't go too far. She was actually pretty popular, had lots of friends and eventually even got a boyfriend from that major group.

This side note was just to give you an example of someone who kept living her life despite her panic attacks.
I don't know how bad your panic attacks are compared to hers (I don't think what I saw was a full-out panic attack), but you're going to have to choose between dealing with your SA, even possibly embarrassing yourself in public, or keep living this life you hate.

I lie in bed all day because I'm DEPRESSED! Because I have nothing to look forward to!

Isn't the day you get out of that hell hole something to look forward to?

Draconess25

Does this happen in all sorts of social situations or have you noticed any trends?

On a side note, this friend of mine also has panic attacks (don't know what triggers it though). I met her in university (she was a friend of a childhood friend) and she already had a history of panic attacks. The second day I was with her she had a panic attack. At least half the people in our year (60 people I guess?) knew she had panic attacks. In fact, a major faculty group she belonged to knew it as well, and they even had a nickname for her that referred to her panic attacks. But still, people didn't get away from her or bully her. Sometimes they'd joke about it but they wouldn't go too far. She was actually pretty popular, had lots of friends and eventually even got a boyfriend from that major group.

This side note was just to give you an example of someone who kept living her life despite her panic attacks.
I don't know how bad your panic attacks are compared to hers (I don't think what I saw was a full-out panic attack), but you're going to have to choose between dealing with your SA, even possibly embarrassing yourself in public, or keep living this life you hate.

Isn't the day you get out of that hell hole something to look forward to?

My panic attacks are severe enough that they make me wish I was dead. It's that kind of severe. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suicidal. I figure that if I'm alive, I'm here for a reason, plus my mom doesn't need to find another one of her kids dead. But my panic attacks certainly make me wish I'd just stop breathing. And sometimes, I almost do.

Same thing with possible embarrassment. I'd rather be shot than humiliated.

And from my experience, you climb out of one hellhole, then slip in the muck and fall right back into that one or another one. It's either be broke, lose 2 dear friends I've jumped in front of a car for, and be unable to eat or sleep because I can't contact my loved ones, or be slightly less broke, still lose Gizmo and Snickers, and spend 8 hours a day running into the employee bathroom to throw up every 10 minutes. I'd probably get fired after a few days.

So I've just come to the conclusion that I'm screwed either way. Life really does enjoy screwing me.

Last edited: