Just saying Hi to all :-)

Chrysalis

Hello,

Well, I did a little searching today, took the leap and decided to join this community.

Not exactly sure why, but I think after years of being a loner and steadfastly claiming that I don't need anyone or much connection in my life, I think I do, as I've been feeling rather lonely lately.

Even though obviously I haven't done so well up until this point regarding wellness, the fact that I am seeking out avenues to connect with others is a sign (if only to me) that I am only human and no woman is an island :)

I feel in the last few years I've made many improvements, but feel that my 'afflictions' will always be with me - I've somewhat resigned myself to that fact also actually.

I may not be living the ideal, stellar life, but I am surviving *shrugs*

Unsure if that's the right attitude to take at present.

I'm 30.f.Australia by the way :)

For pretty much all of my life, I've suffered from Social Phobia, Anxiety and Depression - Agoraphobia is my main sticker though. Just can't seem to shake it.

Once I warm up to people, I'm usually ok in social situations (but saying that, don't go out often and never on my own). I do venture out occassionally, but it's usually not for long (hence my pasty skin tone) :p

I've never joined a Social Phobia network before, so admittedly am a little wary as I am a private person, but as mentioned, did want to chat to others who unfortuately have to suffer and go through what is still a misunderstood illness.

It's sad that so many people all over the world suffer from anxieties, but I think it's great that there are communities where you can all come together.

Thanks very much for reading & I look forward to continuing my commitment to reconnect with others.

xx :)

Hello :)

I'm new to the forum too but just wanted to reply and welcome you. Hope you like it here. Look forward to seeing you around

Jenny x

Chrysalis

Thanks very much for your welcome - it's not the easiest to talk about things, but I am going to try and it's heartening to know I'm not alone.

thor01

Hey, welcome, I feel i need to connect with people with the same problems too. Are you by any chance the Australian woman on youtube with videos about social phobia? Sorry if i'm wrong i just thought it would make sense for it to be you.

Chrysalis

Hi thor01

No, sorry I'm not that woman on YouTube - sorry to let you down there :(

No need to apologise however and thanks so much for the welcome :)

A_Void_Ant

My advice: lower your expectations for this forum or avoid it altogether. I find it repulsive, filled with online social people, people who love myspace (the kind of people I hate) and people who fake modesty and post pictures of an attractive person saying "I'm so ugly". This forum will make you feel bad about yourself. It gives you a reason to start diagnosing yourself with weird shit. It's nothing but a big self-fulfilling prophecy. The more negative shit you read here, the more negative you feel about yourself. I'm a perfect example of this. When I first started posting here I was very unsure of my situation. Perhaps I was just a shy guy with a slow start on life. Now I consider myself a socially anxious loser who will get nowhere in life and never get laid. I blame this forum. Then again, I'm really pissed right now so don't quote me on that (literally, don't try to use the quote button and slander me, anyone, I'm really pissed and depressed right now).

Satine

Welcome, Crystalis!

I think that this, like all help forums, can compound a neurosis if you let it. However, it can be a good place to share ideas, find companionship and so on. So it all depends on which you want to get out of it.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

whispering_screams

Hey welcome to the forum.

Wow this place changed a lot!
Sorry but I think the layout and the colors are all wrong. It's really confusing to try to find your way around the forum with this new look.

Satine

Heh heh, yes, we've had a few people say that too! But I think most people are getting settled... to anyone else reading this, am I right?

Chrysalis

:)

Thanks so Satine for your advice - I am aware that talking about my issues with others in the same situation could result in a more enhanced feeling of confusion, sadness or despair, but am just rather grateful at the moment to have found others 'like' me - people with whom I don't have to explain the little strange things I do or avoid.
This forum might or might not work for me - time will tell I guess :)

P.S - PJS - I don't use MySpace, Facebook, Twitter or the like
:p
P.P.S - Don't worry, I won't quote you :)

brunettee

lol pjs you was joking then wasnt you. It tickled me up anyway. Welcome crystalis im new on here to we aint as bad as what pjs is makin out take no notice of him lol.