Just another newbie... well sort of...

8BitLoser

Hi... um.. well I figured I should make an account and say hi after spending a couple of months reading from here without making an account...

I'm 22 year old guy from England and I have social anxiety along with bipolar disorder, severe depression and slight insomnia. I have a hard time making friends, as I don't drink or smoke and I work a job that requires me to work alone. I have a passion for painting, though it tends to be more miniatures and statuettes, video games and reading, which tend to keep me out of trouble. I like to think I have a good sense of humour and that I'm a good friend, but other than that I have a rather pessimistic and negative view of myself.

Anyway, just hoping to make a few friends

Welcome...

I'm about twice your age, but i have a similar set of issues, which is interesting or thought-provoking.
Namely...
v social anxiety (kind of a "given" on this site)
v bipolar disorder
v severe depression (comes & goes)
v slight insomnia
v have a hard time making friends
vx don't drink (only drink minimally/moderately nowadays)
v don't smoke (never have smoked)
vx work a job that requires me to work alone (my ideal/favorite type of work = alone & on computer; but now am chronically unemployed)
v have a passion for ... (my passion is primarily computers; helps me to stay "sane")
v good sense of humour
v I'm a good friend (& very loyal)
v have a rather pessimistic and negative view of myself

And I presume you've also never had any luck with women, am i right? (same goes for me)

8BitLoser

Thanks and hi to everyone :)

@theslowesthand well I got out of a 4 year relationship 2 year ago, a rather unhealthy relationship at that :/ but since then I think I've worse luck than a penguin surrounded by polar bears

And I think there's probably quite a few lurkers...