Java Help!

MrJones

You can post what is your specific question, a lot of people in the forum know quite a bit about Java. There are tons of tutorials if you google it, but sometimes they are kinda meh. I wonder why your teacher made you make a program without telling you how first lol

Anyway, if you post your question here maybe there will be someone who'll be able to help.

The good news is that I know Java!

The bad news is that I'm not much of a teacher, and a forum isn't a great place for a programming tutorial.

Anyway, the real key to doing this is to not think about the whole thing at once. Don't even look at the Library.java file, forget it exists. Just look at the Book part, one line at a time. That should at least simplify things.

I can be more helpful if you have a more specific question... but again, I'm a terrible teacher.

Aletheia

and i dont even know what implementing a method means. help!

It just means replacing the pseudocode comments with actual working code.
(Although keep the comments too, as they can remind you what you were doing when you come back to it.)

I used to be a coder and know java well, so I can help you more if you like.

Anomaly

This is the first assignment after Hello World? What a terrible class.

Anyway, a method is part of the class definition. A class is composed of related variables and methods which can act upon those variables. Methods can either be functions (which return something and have a type keyword such as String, int, boolean, double, and so forth) or procedures (which don't return anything and have the keyword "void"). A function must return a value, and that value must match the type previously declared before (e.g., public int myFunction() must eventually return a value of type int).