Jason's Going Cross Country! Holy Cow. Very scared.

Jaysonguy

I'm Jason, I have panic disorder and agoraphobia and some generalized anxiety (sometimes I'm a little OCD about things I think, oh and I'm funny so that helps). I have to be in my safe zone plus I have to be around a safe person all the time.

A few years back I was only able to walk halfway down my street before I was too panicy and had to go home.

Now I still have all my anxiety but I also have a website that does video games and anxiety and tries to help people with anxiety.

PAX Prime is in August and I need to go there to cover it (Oh I'm on the East Coast) so it's a cross country trip across America on a train. I don't fly because I'm scared of feeling trapped plus I don't want to crash. There's just something about a metal box in the sky that doesn't sit well with me.

I figure that this area would be a good place to put what I go through in working on trying to get there and doing everything I need to do. I'm more then happy to answer anyone's question about what's going on.

Oh and I'm already sweating and shaky just writing about this lol

This is going to be something! lol

Jaysonguy

Best of luck to you, are you going to update with the latest here?

Thank you. That was my plan, outline it on my site and on here, maybe link it, I don't know exactly.

I have two months to get ready and make sure I have enough to do on the trip, it's three days from East coast to West coast.

I also have to prepare the stuff I need so I can report on everything when I get there and then be "myself" so I can do a good job.

Jaysonguy

Not doing so well

It's about a month until I leave and I had to go an hour and a half away overnight and I couldn't eat and barely drank and was just a wreck the entire time. That was just visiting.

In a month I'm going to have to go like 73 hours away and interview people and report on games and all that, oh yeah plus show off games.

Kinda scared and by kinda I mean a lot, I'm exercising each day so I can get my body used to being like "fatigued".