It's annoying when.....

IceLad

you arrange to meet up with old work colleagues for lunch, and one of them asks how you are, yet it's obvious from the tone of their voice and the fact that they're not actually looking at you when they ask(!), that they're not the slightest bit interested in your answer.

Why bother to ask in the first place?

LovelyMissMadi

Oo! It's also annoying when someone walks past and is all, "Hey ___! How are you?" and before you can answer they walk away because they totally know you don't plan on answering them.

Doomed2Die

Thats the way I see it Zantief, merely a sign of politeness. Nothing to get deep down and gritty on.

Though admittedly I SAY this and hey look at that guy totally stressing over the fact he forgot to ask something as trivial such as "What have you been up to?" something that he will take forever to forget about and think he is a bad person for forgetting. Yes you guessed it, thats me... again.

DDaKidd

I know, that just sucks!

I know a few people that walk towards you and say "Hey, how are you?" or "What's up?" so happily that you think to yourself they're going to be friendly and speak to you forever. Then you see them walk away, just when you were answering back or telling them something.

Doomed2Die, I also get worried when I don't ask someone something so simple as that. :lol: It's ironic how it makes me laugh right now, but makes me feel so guilty when it happens.

recluse

I think that most people don't really mean it when they ask ''How are you?'' i think it's just a form of greeting someone just like ''hi!''. Have you also noticed that everyone answers with ''i'm ok'' which roughly translates to ''I feel like shit but i'm too polite to tell the truth!''

EveM

recluse said:
I think that most people don't really mean it when they ask ''How are you?'' i think it's just a form of greeting someone just like ''hi!''. Have you also noticed that everyone answers with ''i'm ok'' which roughly translates to ''I feel like shit but i'm too polite to tell the truth!''

Yeah I normally say it to most people I talk to, just as a greeting but really I do like to ask people how they are! I was actually thinking that the other day, no one has ever said they feel like crap, and I always seem to say "ok" or "fine thanks" automatically even if I don't feel good at all.