It kills me to see this

dannyboy65

Today is the day, I have to go back to the campground to work. Every year I get so stressed that I break. For once though I am going into this place with a loving woman and a little boy who looks up too me like a father.

This year I am not going to break, I am going to be stronger then ever. For once I mean something to someone. She texted me after they got home and she told me they were both crying the whole way home. I hated hearing that they cried, but it shown me I'm more than a person to them.

When she dropped me off I looked at her son, he was about to cry and he looked so sad, it really killed me seeing him that sad. I went and gave him a hug and kiss. I then kissed my girlfriend and I could see she was about to cry. I never seen her that sad, just thinking of it hurts. I love them both more then anything, I just wish I didn't have to leave them.

I promised her son I would see him again. It's never hurt me this much to leave to go somewhere else. I love them so much it pains me to know how much they already miss me. I just wish I could be with them but I need this work too pay for school.

I already miss them, those 2 are the center of my world.

The Observer

"those 2 are the center of my world"

Personally if anyone told me this...I'd run a mile. why? It just conveys the message that the person is very needy and must have someone or something to give their life purpose when in-fact all you need is yourself.

Its so sad to read that your happy with yourself because "You mean something to someone" yeah its nice to feel wanted/validated but first and foremost, one should mean something to himself first, not need the approval or validation of others to fill it.

Danny...take care dude. I hope your not rushing into something and get hurt. Go easy Bro...

"those 2 are the center of my world"

Personally if anyone told me this...I'd run a mile. why? It just conveys the message that the person is very needy and must have someone or something to give their life purpose when in-fact all you need is yourself.

Its so sad to read that your happy with yourself because "You mean something to someone" yeah its nice to feel wanted/validated but first and foremost, one should mean something to himself first, not need the approval or validation of others to fill it.

Danny...take care dude. I hope your not rushing into something and get hurt. Go easy Bro...

I second this.

I think we all struggle sometimes with seeking validation more than we should because SA can leave you feeling unwanted. But the answer is to develop healthy self-esteem and healthy relationships with others as you improve your anxiety, not to place all your sense of purpose/self-worth into a relationship with someone (or even more than one person). People do need other people and we do need acceptance to some extent, but as corny as it may sound, you really do have to be okay with yourself to have real contentment.