It actually does help!

Ericisme

The past some months now I've slowly posted my pictures in more and more places. It started with only 1 person seeing a picture of me, then after a while of seeing myself sometimes in pictures I finally posted one on my sites like this. So now I see myself everytime when I come here. Then I actually posted one on Myspace:eek:. Next step is my messengers. What I'm saying is that the more you actually look at yourself the more you won't hate\dislike yourself, it really seemed to work for me. Think about it, normal people see themselves all the time, swimming, mirror, etc. But we rarely see ourselves, and because of that some of us don't think so great about ourselves.

It really seemed to help me, you guys should try it. Just get a mirror near you or a picture of yourself, I know it isn't so great, but it will get better slowly. :)

Sacrament

I'm the kind of person who avoids mirrors so as not to be confronted with the reality that you don't like yourself.

It seems like the less I look at myself, though, the more detached I feel from myself, which results in anxiety and slowly losing myself. Also, it makes me feel as if I 'don't know myself' when I'm with others, or as if they are talking to someone who is less me than it should be, thus leading to a lot of anxiety because it makes me feel like I don't belong or am inferior and so forth.

Work is pretty much a tremendous challenge every single day, and it's a huge relief when it's time to get out of there. It doesn't help when your workplace is a room filled with people, computers, bright lights and ACs that are working all the time. Hot hot hot.

dottie

i look so different in different pictures that it is hard for me to understand what i really look like. some pics i look rly good. some pics omfg i look like a monster.

also, i look different when i am at home and relaxed compared to pics of me where i am pressed up against the wall at work taking an ID badge photo looking totally frazzled but trying to cover it. in those picks i look ill. probably because i feel ill.

Last edited:

lyricalliaisons

I don't have a problem looking at myself at all. I do look odd in a lot of pictures, but I still don't hate looking at myself or hate it when others see me. That has nothing to do with my social anxiety.