Is This Weird?

AquariusOutkast

I don't think it's weird. But why are you having trouble telling your best friend? Are you afraid that she will judge you in a negative way? Well, if this was happening to my best friend, I would be supportive and try to help her out. I would feel bad for her though....Maybe your afraid that she might feel sorry for you and that might make you feel uncomfortable. When my parents split up I was embarrassed to tell my close friends. But, regardless, best friends will always be there for you,if you tell her it might even bring you guys closer.

Joey86

I've had a simular feeling before, it's horrible. I didn't tell anybody because I didn't want to give up the one only thing that was somewhat normal in my life. Having two supportive parents provides that kind of illusion, that even though you have social anxiety, depression, or whatever, that some aspects of your life is still normal. We desperatly try to hold on to these things I think.

If she's your best friend, she should really know. Write her a letter, email or something personal and tell her your thoughts like you've written in your posting. Tell her you want to get it off your chest and that you're sorry for lying. They'll be happy that you're being honest. It will hurt both of you a lot more if she finds out accidentally.

Good luck!

xSleepy

well its kinda hard to describe our friendship. sometimes i think she can be pretty mean and judgeing towards me. shes made me feel bad about myself A LOT of times and i never say anything. i dont like telling her things because like i said, shes very judgmental and she always has an opinion on everything that i do or my family does. and i really dont think she has the right to judge me or my family. so over the years of knowing her, ive learned that telling her EVERYTHING is not a good idea because she can become very negative.
and those are far from the qualities i look for in a friend. dont ask me why im friends with her. thats a whole different topic and discussion.