Is there something wrong with him... part 2

Rise Against

This is going to be hard to write without sounding judgmental, but i want to help him out...

A while ago i made a post about one of my friends. Well any ways, i have spent a little more time around him and im still not sure if he has a disorder like autism, but he is really different. He is a senior in high school. He is very smart, outgoing, and very confident, these are obviously good qualities... But be honest he is socially awkward. He is probably the horniest person i have ever met... picking up chicks is the ONLY thing he ever talks about. His "game plan" for getting a date is completly wrong... and i mean horribly, horribly wrong. Like he will walk up to a girl, flex his arms and say "Hey sexy, what do you think about my bulging biceps? You are the hottest girl i have ever seen, i go to bed thinking about you and wake up thinking about you... will you be my true love?" Then he will drop down and do push ups, thinking he will impress her (by the way, he doesnt do these things to be funny, he's serious...) He gets turned down and rejected all the time so you would think that he would realize that the "pimp" approach and the cheezy pick up lines don't work... but he continues to use them on a daily basis.

I think i should help him before he gets beat up or arrested for sexual harassment... lol. He isnt exactly the best looking guy in the world, so any tips on getting dates would probably help him out (im not the most knowledgeable when it comes to dating, but i think i could at least help him a little lol). Im not sure if i should talk to him about it because he is so happy and confident, i am worried that if i point out his "awkwardness" he will become self conscious and shy. What should i do...?

By the way, we are not close friends by any means, i just talk to him at track practice or on facebook every once in a while, so its not like i can just talk to him about anything.

pandamonium77

Well he seems confident at what he's doing, i'm not so sure he'd listen to what you've got if he doesnt understand that what he's doing is... weird.
You can try to talk to him and tell him some advice that i dont have to give :p, but i dont know if thats gonna work

Satine

Well, if he seems content with the way things are, ie., isn't fretting about his continuous failure to achieve his goal, then I guess there's not really anything to be said. I get what you're saying that it's a shame he keeps on messing it up for himself, but he's the one getting feedback and he's the one who needs to use that information. But he also needs to be the one who decides to do so. See what I mean?

Sooner or later he'll surely either run out of girls, or get threatened by a girl's boyfriend, or will just get sick of his own routine. But he'll need to be the one who decides enough is enough.

If he's happy ticking along the way he is, why try to change it?

Alternatively if you really think you can make any impact, you could try dipping your toe in the water by saying, 'You know the way you keep approaching girls? How do you think it's going? Any luck yet?' If he admits that it's not going the way he'd hope, then you have an opening to suggest he tries another tack. If he bluffs it then you know he considers it more worthwhile to carry on his charade.

Most people won't admit they have a problem unless they can see the beginnings of a solution.