Is there anything worse than waiting rooms?

ljwwriter

This morning I went to my school campus to speak with an adviser about which classes I should take and although it was a relatively short affair I was still very uncomfortable. I've been hiding myself away from the world quite a bit over the last few months and so it was really pretty depressing to realize that much of the same discomfort I experienced around people two years ago is still very much alive and well.

Before I got to speak with an adviser I had to sit in a little waiting area where a few other people were. I knew the look on my face was one of worry and discomfort and I had no idea how to change it. So I wasn't at all surprised when I caught a few questioning looks and stares from other people. One teenage girl just stared at me unabashedly as if she were a little child and I did my best to avoid her eyes. And another lady looked at me as if there were something wrong. I hope it was all in my imagination, but I guess at this point I know better. It's going to be a long school semester.

IceLad

I felt so uncomfortable in the hairdressers this week.

The place is cosy to say the least, there isn't a proper waiting area- only a couple of chairs by a wall, it was warm and humid in there (like many other hairdressers!), and although I'd booked in advance, they were running late and I was kept waiting for half a hour.

As there were no magazines to read, I ended up tapping my fingers for 30mins. Great fun!!

Man oh man how I hate waiting rooms. Imagining everyone is staring at me, and judging me isn't exactly what I call fun. I hate having to wait in there for hours and hours, trying to pretend not to have to look at people, and just waiting waiting, and WAITING!!! Waiting rooms = ewws!.

Liz17

I try and avoid any situation where I know that I will be stuck in a waiting room for hours. The dentist is the worst, why book an appointment if there only going to make you wait another hour and fifteen minutes on top of that. Its an appointment you book your time, therefore should be seen immediately. The hairdressers the Doctors their all as bad.