Is there any medication that you can get at the store for SA?

kristina303

I don't have insurance anymore and I can't afford to go to the doctor so is there anything I can get at a drug store? Have you guys tried anything?

NP88

a few random things off the top of my head:

Ginseng (Boil in water to make a tea, great for calming nerves)

St Johns Wort, helpful if your issues are caused from an imbalance of neurotransmitters or receptors (Cant remember) Though it does help regulate mood. *

Mucana Pruriens, probably not locally available, the velvet bean or mucana pruriens has the dopamine precursor l-dopa in it which allows for more dopamine production.

5-htp, apparently useful as a precursor to serotonin though is a heavily refined supplement unlike the others I have wrote about, had unwanted effects for myself though I could understand its therapeutic ability on others with more cooperative systems.

With all of these suggestions try to find a reliable company to purchase from. every brand of supplement has different base product and different manufacturing processes which leads to greatly varied potency. Organic is best if possible...

Other then these things proper nutrition and exercise are important.

cowboyup

some OTC medications/herbs I've used (with success) are:

GABA (with Vit B 6) -- I take 500 mgs per day and it has helped with sleep and shaking/nerves

St. John's Wort - mild mood elevator

*Kava Kava
*Valerian Root
*Passionflower
*Hops
*Wild Lettuce Leaf
* all above ^ help with nervousness and/or sleep

Magnesium/Calcium combo along with good multivitamin

This is what I have tried and keep on hand - They work for me... :)

cowboyup

a few random things off the top of my head:

Mucana Pruriens, probably not locally available, the velvet bean or mucana pruriens has the dopamine precursor l-dopa in it which allows for more dopamine production.

5-htp,

^^ Mucana Pruriens is new to me also!

coyote

3 oz tequila
2 oz lime juice
1 oz orange liqueur

shake with with ice

use responsibly in moderation, subject to the legal restrictions of your jurisdiction

Last edited:

psych

Ashwagandha root, GABA, 5-HTP, & L Theanine, are what I use to deal with my job everyday.

They aren't a cure all. But, I tried to cut my dose of ashwagandha in half the other day... It took me over an hour to get gas for my car. Because I didn't want to get out anywhere.